+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where's the best place to order the Federal SS595 255/55/17 tires?

Status

Default Where's the best place to order the Federal SS595 255/55/17 tires?

For the amount I drive my R/T I'm going to go with the least expensive tire but that is new. The Federal SS595 255/55/17. I'd like to stay with the factory size. I like the Bridgestones that have the similar looking tread design to the oem Eagle's. But it's not worth $1000 after mounting and balancing for a truck I might put 3,000 miles on in two years. Mostly take it to the shows and drive around the back roads. I just had the front end redone with the Energy Suspension bushings and I'm going for the alignment. I was going to order the Federal SS595 if I can still get them. I cannot find any chain tire store that can even order them. They can only get the $200+ Pirellis or Bridgestones. I was going to order the Federals from Walmart's website but it's going to be $390 and it looks like they may outsourcing them. I could order a set of 4 on ebay from sellers that appear to be tire warehouses for about $362. I messaged one of the sellers and asked if I would be getting a current DOT stamped tire. They said they ship from 200 warehouses and had no way of knowing until they ship them out but they only sell new tires. So should I order from Walmart, or any specific seller on ebay? I'm looking for a set of 4.

Status

I have bought from these guys before.
    Were good to deal with
    https://www.tires-easy.com/tires/fed...ires/255-55-17
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Home School Valedictorian

Status

You would get more than two years out of the Bridgestones...

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

GPz550 Addict

Status

Ebay is where I bought mine from. Still the best price tire for the stock size, and the limited choice. Searching I see them available at Walmart at $83.00 each??? 260 compound is a very soft tire, and will grip, but wear quicker.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Status

I think I've had my truck since 2015 and I don't even think I've put a full 6,000 miles on it. Maybe not even 5,000. So as much as I drive it I'll just stick with these. I found them for $356 on ebay for a set. I messaged the company and they said they rotate their inventory often so they will be current DOT numbers. I'll give it a try.

Status

I would order from Tire -Easy before some place off of eBay.
    My personal opinion, for what its worth.
    At least you've got an actual company to deal with if there are issues.
    Like I said, I've bought 2 sets of Federals from them with no hassles at all.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kota360 View Post
    I have bought from these guys before.
    Were good to deal with
    https://www.tires-easy.com/tires/fed...ires/255-55-17
    This is where I bought mine.
    365.00 shipped
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Status

I personally would go with ebay or amazon, get 4 off ebay for 345.84 + free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Feder...V/253330961509
    Past Trucks:
    98 Black Dakota CC Sport 3.9 2WD
    04 Black Dakota QC SLT 4.7 4WD

Current Vehicles:
    14 Black Dart GT
    03 Black Dakota RC 5.9 R/T

Status

I think they did end up coming from Tire Easy off of Ebay. It was 356 + tax. I got them Friday. They seem to be new tires. There is a 0119 number in a little box on the tire after the DOT number. If I read right that's January of 2019. It also has a white stamp on the tires of 19. I guess they won't last very many miles with a 260 treadwear. As much as I drive it should last quite a few years. I'm going to check tomorrow and see how much the install is. I will order a spare next week since the spare is just as old. I actually don't like the tread design, I know it will look odd.

Basic stock=no headaches

Status

I had them on a daily driver. Great traction but yes they only lasted 12k miles. For what your doing in miles they would be your best option. Out of the five sets of tires I've gone threw I liked the federals the best.

Status

Is that pretty standard for a performance rated tire? I've never had any before I've had this R/T. I know we looked up the Bridgestone treadwear when I was at the tire shop having them put on and it said even the 255/55/17 Bridgestones weren't covered by a mileage warranty. Did the oem Goodyear Eagle RS-A last any longer just under normal driving?

Status

Just ordered 2 255/50 off Amazon a months or so ago for $160 shipped

GPz550 Addict

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wh23g3g View Post
    Is that pretty standard for a performance rated tire? I've never had any before I've had this R/T. I know we looked up the Bridgestone treadwear when I was at the tire shop having them put on and it said even the 255/55/17 Bridgestones weren't covered by a mileage warranty. Did the oem Goodyear Eagle RS-A last any longer just under normal driving?
    At less than $100.00 a tire, including shipping, I'd continue to buy the Federal SS 255/55/-17 until they are no longer available.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

+ Reply to Thread