+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the Dodge Dakota 5.9 Crew Cab more rare than the R/T?

Status

Default Is the Dodge Dakota 5.9 Crew Cab more rare than the R/T?

How come I don't see many Dodge Dakota Crew Cab's with the 5.9? I believe I've seen one for sale on Facebook one time. Did Dodge make fewer than the R/T? My friend has an 04 4-door Crew Cab 2wd but it's the 4.7 non-limited slip. There's actually enough room to sit behind the front seats fairly comfortable. I've been thinking about getting another Dakota and looking for an R/T Club Cab or a V8 Crew Cab but with the limited slip rear. I would even be happy with a V6 since it will be a daily driver. Definitely have found more V6 Dakota's with limited slip than Ford Rangers.

As far as I know the 5.9 was only an option in the QuadCabs for two years. It might have been a more expensive option over the 4.7 as well as the 4.7 getting better mileage. I'm definitely no expert on the 4.7 though, I just know I avoid them. There is a lack of 5.9 QC's but they are out there. Funnily enough I came back here a few days ago to refresh on 5.9 mods because I bought a very nice one 3 weeks ago. I only found two near me in the sea of 4.7's and V6's but the other one is still for sale.

Status

I've only seen one for sale locally. Friend has an 04 4.7 Quad Cab. It sounds like engine is knocking at startup. I asked a mechanic about the 4.7's. He said they are junk when they get high miles on them. It's got good power, just seems a lot more to work on than the 5.2 and 5.9's. I have a 00 Dakota brochure that's how I found out about the 5.9 Quad Cab. I guess it went on until 03 the last year of the Dakota 5.9. There is only suppose to be 501 Regular Cab Solar Yellow R/T's and I know there's 1 more of them a few miles down the road from me that just sits. Up until awhile ago there was 2 more near me that were for sale that I see are now sold. I might look for an R/T Club Cab but might even settle for the 3.9 Club Cab because I need a little more room plus it will be my daily driver. I will only get one with the anti-spin differential option. Which will be a little harder to find unless I go for another R/T.

Sorry for the thread jack. Trying to get my post count up so I can post a potential truck for sale.
    2002 Dodge Dakota R/T
    2000 Mike Leach PPH headers, Ceramachromed headers and y-pipe, Viper GTS style MBRP 3" exhaust, K&N Gen2 FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, Aftermarket front brakes with slotted rotors, A.R.E. lo-pro tonneau cover, Billet R/T (door sills, 3rd brake light cover, battery strap), Proglass GTS rollpan, Street Scene Cal-Vu power/heated mirrors, 20" R/T style chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, 2-8" Rockford Fosgate Punch Z subs in truck boxes, AND MORE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1QIKRT View Post
    Sorry for the thread jack. Trying to get my post count up so I can post a potential truck for sale.
    All you had to do is ask.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

+ Reply to Thread