+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yet another spintech exhaust question

DRTC Member

Status

Default Yet another spintech exhaust question

Hey guys,

Searched for this but couldn't find the specific answer or it may be something so dumb that only I would ask

I've decided on the 2.5 w/o cats Spintech system that Hipotek sells. Does this bolt right up to the stock manifolds or would I need to pair this with headers at the same time? Also, is the whole exhaust system bolt on?

Long term, if possible, I'm not looking to add headers until I've upgraded the heads, cam, tb, etc. Is it a huge PITA to add headers later or easier to get them out of the way while I'm replacing the exhaust?

Thanks,
    Landon

DRTC Member

Status

Found the answer in another spot. For future folks if they have the same question.

Spintech makes their full exhaust system with the expectation that it will be mating up to their mid-length headers (I read it on the internet so it has to be true) so it's best (or easier in the long run) to do both at the same time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Status

If you're planning on doing a full exhaust anyways, just get whatever headers you plan on running now. There's no reason to not upgrade the headers even on your stock truck. Don't make more work for yourself by doing the exhaust twice

I don't have their exhaust or their headers, but it seems pretty logical to me that they would be expecting you to run their headers for it. I do have two of their 2.5" 9000 series mufflers on my truck. Sounds great

-Justin

DRTC Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by xjsc16x View Post
    If you're planning on doing a full exhaust anyways, just get whatever headers you plan on running now. There's no reason to not upgrade the headers even on your stock truck. Don't make more work for yourself by doing the exhaust twice
    Good call. That's what I'm thinking too.

Status

spin tech mids slid right in pretty easy i use 1 piece steel port plates flange on passenger side hit frame rail a little bit just dent frame rail or cut off flange on header stock exhaust cannot be used after that headers come down past factory Y

+ Reply to Thread