+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 408/410 throttle body size

Default 408/410 throttle body size

What size throttle body is everyone running on their 408/410? My build will use ported Edelbrock heads, Comp Cam XFI 224/230, 2bbl M1 intake, 10.5:1, I'm thinking F&B 58mm.

Status
    Blog Entries

THAT'S what most guys are running. I just put a 4 bbl. tb. 1200 cfm. on mine, seems to make a difference.. Personally you should run 11.5 comp. with alum heads.
    My build waiting to go in is a 4.250 stroke motor 11.5 comp. big ported Ede. heads ..cam 247-255 @.050 .610 lift. , just my idea... Good luck with TB.

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

I have a 1250 accel on my motor, it made little over 700 on engine dyno

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Status
    Blog Entries

Tell him about your gorilla motor, what's in it..

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    THAT'S what most guys are running. I just put a 4 bbl. tb. 1200 cfm. on mine, seems to make a difference.. Personally you should run 11.5 comp. with alum heads.
    My build waiting to go in is a 4.250 stroke motor 11.5 comp. big ported Ede. heads ..cam 247-255 @.050 .610 lift. , just my idea... Good luck with TB.
    11.5 cr on a street motor trying to use pump gas?
    Your engine/combination is a good idea and should motivate your sled to et's somewhere in the 11's na. I'm not certain your engine can be considered a comfortable daily driver however.
    But I've been wrong before with this fucking tuning shit in the mix.

Status
    Blog Entries

Aluminum heads with 11.5 comp. is like 10-1 comp with iron heads.

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    Aluminum heads with 11.5 comp. is like 10-1 comp with iron heads.
    I've heard something to that effect about being able to run a point higher with aluminum because of heat dissipation. It's rather a blanket statement however. There are about a hundred other variables to this.The ultimate point of detonation is determined by air fuel mixture and dynamic compression ratios; assuming there are no preignition sources.
    Things like cam size, piston to deck clearances, head gasket thickness, timing, etc. lend to dynamic cr and the fact of one truck being able to run with 11.5 cr static and another can't.

Yours is a rather serious engine build so let us know how it runs when you get it together.
    Hopefully you won't need an octane booster.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    I've heard something to that effect about being able to run a point higher with aluminum because of heat dissipation. It's rather a blanket statement however. There are about a hundred other variables to this.The ultimate point of detonation is determined by air fuel mixture and dynamic compression ratios; assuming there are no preignition sources.
    Things like cam size, piston to deck clearances, head gasket thickness, timing, etc. lend to dynamic cr and the fact of one truck being able to run with 11.5 cr static and another can't.
    Truth!
    Piston and chamber design will effect it as well.
    But generally, 11.5:1 is safe with alum heads and the tuning thats available now.

+ Reply to Thread