+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will any other year trans cooler rubber lines fit on a 99 w/ aux cooler?

Status

Default Will any other year trans cooler rubber lines fit on a 99 w/ aux cooler?

My main transmission to radiator cooler rubber ends are fatigued so I need to try and change them. I have the factory external transmission cooler. Dorman makes them for the 4wd but I don't know if the rubber hoses end comes off and is the same or can be swapped over. I don't know if the 5.2 lines will work since the transmission was different. But the oem lines for the R/T are no longer available. I couldn't tell if just the rubber end can be replaced since it has the quick connectors and suppose to have an anti drain valve in it. It's starting to fatigue right at the rubber section where it bends up to the radiator. Anyone know what will swap over?

Status

I can't help with what will work from another vehicle. But, you may want to take your lines outta the truck and have a shop that makes hydraulic lines install new ends.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

That's what I planned on doing but then I read about that drainback valve installed in the cooler line. Where is it located? Is it inside the rubber end or is it part of the transmission end cooler fitting?

GPz550 Addict

Status

Somewhere there should be a trans flow chart that might show where that valve is. Doesn't this fluid flow through the cooler when in park or only in drive? If so, when letting the engine warm up after first started, this should give ample time for the fluid to flow through the cooler before driving away.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

+ Reply to Thread