Default New R/T from Sauble Beach

Sauble Beach, Canada
    Picked up a 2006 Dodge Dakota R/T last summer
    Extended cab
    4x4
    4.7 H.O.
    3.92 rear
    Inferno red

I was looking for a truck but didn't want an over sized behemoth that current trucks have morphed into. After reading many reviews and articles I came to the conclusion that the Dakota was the best buck for the bang. You can pick one up for $5000-$10,000 CAD in excellent shape with low Km/miles. They aren't a small truck like the Rangers are and the GMC/Chevrolet with those ugly fender arches ... or overpriced like most foreign models. The body lines of the 2005-07 Dakota just seem to speak to me except that front bumper ... lol I had planned to replace the bumper with a aftermarket, actually I had plans to replace/add a lot of stuff from the rims to the light bar on top ... but after having her sit in my drive-way for a few and taking it all in ... I'm keeping her bone stock. The only thing I would replace on this truck would be the interior carpet and seats and some engine mods like the JBA shorties/ Magflow "y"pipe, '08 air intake manifold ... etc. So far to date all I've done is completely replace the front suspension with Moog/Rancho and front rotor and caliper with powerstop I added the calipers after the fact .... red ofc.

2006_dodge_dakota-pic-7960307599491710243-1024x768.jpgCAM00603.jpgCAM00600.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ricoshea; 03-02-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Status

Welcome, and that's a good looking truck. But they never made an R/T Dak after 2003.... hope you knew it wasn't a " real" r/t. Just wanted to make sure you knew that before the OGs get on here and rant . Good info on this site tho!
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Status

I'm absolutely certain they made a come back for the 2006-07 years in small numbers, making them a rare mopar. I contacted Chrysler and sent in my VIN for the complete build sheet and it did indeed come back and say Dakota R/T. Some say it was in badging only with just the hood scoop, R/T side decal, R/T instrument cluster and embroidered R/T head rests but that's not true at all. The R/T's came with the H.O. "J" code engine with many internal engine upgrades including aluminum heads, forged crank, domed pistons and bigger cams just to name a few. Along with engine upgrades it was saddled up to the 545RFE trans(auto) with 3.92 rear gear and helper springs shackled to the leaf to keep the tires planted.

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

They definitely made Gen 4 R/Ts, it's just that the Gen 3 guys usually like to pretend they don't exist.

Status

Welcome! I don't like the "Behemoth" trucks made these days either. Wish Chrysler would produce a new mid size pickup.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ricoshea View Post
    Sauble Beach, Canada
    Picked up a 2006 Dodge Dakota R/T last summer
    Extended cab
    4x4
    4.7 H.O.
    3.92 rear
    Inferno red

I was looking for a truck but didn't want an over sized behemoth that current trucks have morphed into. After reading many reviews and articles I came to the conclusion that the Dakota was the best buck for the bang. You can pick one up for $5000-$10,000 CAD in excellent shape with low Km/miles. They aren't a small truck like the Rangers are and the GMC/Chevrolet with those ugly fender arches ... or overpriced like most foreign models. The body lines of the 2005-07 Dakota just seem to speak to me except that front bumper ... lol I had planned to replace the bumper with a aftermarket, actually I had plans to replace/add a lot of stuff from the rims to the light bar on top ... but after having her sit in my drive-way for a few and taking it all in ... I'm keeping her bone stock. The only thing I would replace on this truck would be the interior carpet and seats and some engine mods like the JBA shorties/ Magflow "y"pipe, '08 air intake manifold ... etc. So far to date all I've done is completely replace the front suspension with Moog/Rancho and front rotor and caliper with powerstop I added the calipers after the fact .... red ofc.

2006_dodge_dakota-pic-7960307599491710243-1024x768.jpgCAM00603.jpgCAM00600.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

1999 R/C Solar yellow

That shit brought tears to my eyes i laughed so hard.

"Bleach Master"

Status

This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

?!?

Welcome to the club from BC

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Status

Hey thx Wiggsy, I grew up out west in Calgary. Still have a bro and sis out in BC, I get out there from time to time.

Quick question .... did you make that scoop functional, if so does it just cool the engine bay or is it part of the intake?

Quote Originally Posted by ricoshea View Post
    Hey thx Wiggsy, I grew up out west in Calgary. Still have a bro and sis out in BC, I get out there from time to time.

Quick question .... did you make that scoop functional, if so does it just cool the engine bay or is it part of the intake?
    I’m originally from Orillia/Coldwater area and grew up boating on Georgian Bay in the summers.

The hood is cut out for air flow in and out. I do not have it fabricated to the intake directly. It just gets lots of fresh air.

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    My ninja.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

Welcome!!

GPz550 Addict

Status

Welcome from the West Coast.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Status

Welcome ,

+ Reply to Thread