+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't rip my head off yet. Wait till I'm done lol

Status

Default Don't rip my head off yet. Wait till I'm done lol

Screenshot_20190131-102706_Snapchat.jpg Screenshot_20190131-102656_Snapchat.jpg
    What started off as just simply running a remote wire resulted in finding a pool of water under my saturated passenger carpet. I have a ways to go. Only thing complete at this point is the driver door lol. I've also cut out all 4 holes to hold 6x9's now also. Doing dynamat everywhere also. The hole in the body and cab has been welded and 2 12's in a box will be installed somewhat soon. Sorry for not posting in here much. Been terribly busy.

GPz550 Addict

Status

Could you explain the picture on the right? You had to cut that hole in the front of the bed to the cab for a water leak? Just asking, because I don't understand. Thanks.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Status

What started the process big fella. The hole is where I'm putting my box, the subs will mount flush with the back wall. Itll look clean I promise. I know there is some flex between the cab and body but a friend has an 02 lightening that hes put over 100k miles done like I'm doing this one and no issue.

GPz550 Addict

Status

Thanks for the explanation.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Status

Yes sir. Not a problem.

Cool, what subs and what amps,sq system or spl. Are you on DIYMOBiLE ?
    Thought about doing pass through but went with 2 shallow tens instead, and eights in the doors for
    Lower midbass, helped reinforce the weaker shallow subs. Post more pics on the progress

Status

Screenshot_20190202-184228_Snapchat.jpgScreenshot_20190202-184223_Snapchat.jpg
    No what I've got are too old speaker heads somewhat directing me on how to spend my money. I'm going with the x series sundown 12's and probably a skar audio 4k amp to push them. An I have a really nice box that goes under what used to be the back seat for 10's so later I'll probably use it for mid bass. Just because I already have it.

Status

And I bought a rockford 300x4 prime amp yesterday to push my 6x9s which say they will handle 200 rms but I'm going to give them 75 a piece based off of what I've heard, one friend has 4 set up similar in a standard cab and they will absolutely scream.

100% coverage . Nice What product are you using . How’d it get so flat .
    I fell in love with how quiet the truck was after sound deaden. More luxury than wife’s lexus.
    Equipment choice , good stuff. Think you’ll be over 140 ?

Status

Its buzzmat by db link, really good stuff. Very affordable too. Just basically time consuming getting it that neat. I don't know if I'll reach 140, that's a stretch. I'm headed in that direction though. I'll keep you posted. I've been spraying great stuff foam in every cavity I can find that won't effect wiring and such. Like I've sprayed 8 cans under each window in what was once a back seat in those massive holes. Just finished welding the body to the cab tonight. Things will speed up a bit now hopefully have it thumping by sunday

Status

Nice work

Yes good work . Time consuming. I filled my dead air cavities with foam packing pads. Post when your rear view mirror falls off

Status

I'm getting ready to order some more Candence QRS6.5 coaxial speakers to go allong with these Candence CMVs 6" components with a Thunderfourm sub box . I'll need 2 amps to run this set up . A 300 .2 for the subs and a 300.4 for the candence. What head unit have you chosen. I still need to decide on which brand .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry for slow reply. Didn’t see your post.
    I hope use Sony products in car and home nothing fancy .
    200 $ @ sonic electronix . Six channel out , separate sub volume /phase And crossovers points
    10 band eq. A lot of crossover points and slopes on the main speakers . Haven’t looked at the model number in years even though I drive it to work every day
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread