+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honest Questions from a non-paid member

Status

Default Honest Questions from a non-paid member

Maybe this isn't the preferred location for such a topic, and If that is so I do apologize. My intent is good, I promise you that. My questions may fall on deaf ears, or be replied to by the same 2-5 members and then this thread will die. Maybe not. I hope the latter..

My questions are simply this;
    Ever since I bought my R/T, and found this site, I fully planned on investing in a paid membership and becoming involved in the small world of these fun little trucks that I've wanted since I was a small kid. But being here for about 6 months, I have noticed site traffic is slow. I've noticed that the banner announcements for meetings and get togethers are from 2016 and back... I've heard the excuses of Facebook, IG are taking the traffic from here to there. But I have no form of social media and rely on sites like this one for good content. In all honesty, do these meetings, cruise ins, annual raffles and festivities still go on, but only being announced on Facebook and the like? Or have they ceased completely due to lack of interest? And why would announcements like this only be on such platforms when we obviously have so many non paid R/T owners that come here for their info, only to see years old posts on the club's current state.? That, my friends, is why I have not decided to pay. I dont want to pay for a membership of a club that is either dead, or only caters to certain more in style platforms, leaving me out of the loop and in the dark as I am now to the clubs current state of affairs.

Again, this is not meant in any way to be hostile or condemning. I sincerely dont know if this is just a relic of what once was, or if the club matches on, just this site is an afterthought.
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

GPz550 Addict

Status

I have been a member since 2009, and believe in supporting a site that has helped me in a lot of my questions, and information. This place has even had me connect to find my cureent R/T. For the little it costs to support this place, and all it's history, I will continue to renew my subscription annually. I have been only one meet up and it was a blast. There were a lot more meet ups before I joined this place.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...ght=sacramento

Your choice, but if anything here has helped you in all your searches and posts, you might want to rethink your current free status.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

I killed Goose

Status

Without paid members this site will die. Even though it isn't what it once was I pay because I value the information contained in this relic.

I don't participate in any forms of social media either. I'd rather read sporadic post by the same 15 hard core enthusiast than read dribble posted by thousands of idiots on Facebook.

Ask not what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

I got my rt out of Indiana in 2016 , went on the site as a guest for a couple years . Looking at the paid members trucks and all the cool mods . In August 2018 I bought a 98 black RC from Cooter in North Dakota . So I looked at his truck on Craigslist and bought it . He was reluctant at dealing with a out of stater buyer but we worked it out . So now I got 2 I become a paid member cause I was using the forum
    For free info . I bought a modified kegger and fb throttle body from Cory . I seen the RT fever in Cory
    As we talked , We should go to breakfast or the beach car show . So the 98 RC from North Dakota is my daily driver and I run the hell out of it on a daily basis . Let’s plan something

GPz550 Addict

Status

Quote Originally Posted by fxrbob View Post
    I got my rt out of Indiana in 2016 , went on the site as a guest for a couple years . Looking at the paid members trucks and all the cool mods . In August 2018 I bought a 98 black RC from Cooter in North Dakota . So I looked at his truck on Craigslist and bought it . He was reluctant at dealing with a out of stater buyer but we worked it out . So now I got 2 I become a paid member cause I was using the forum
    For free info . I bought a modified kegger and fb throttle body from Cory . I seen the RT fever in Cory
    As we talked , We should go to breakfast or the beach car show . So the 98 RC from North Dakota is my daily driver and I run the hell out of it on a daily basis . Let’s plan something
    We can do that.
    DRTC #1176

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Status

I’ve been a part of various Dakota R/T forums from the Yahoo boards on since these things came around in ’98.Member #210
    I support this forum since it’s one of the last best resources for info and history.

We’ve also been very fortunate to have some people that have stepped up on their own to make parts,pieces,etc. for these trucks when no one else even recognized they exist till we show up at the track or a show.
    To that point,it’s been a great place to track who the reliable vendors may or may not be,and how good was the part/piece and service they made/provided,and was it worth it.

I’ve seen some amazing efforts and builds,and some epic failures along the way.

I still love the looks and style of these trucks,and eveytime I drag mine off the jackstands,it still draws looks and is a blast to drive.
    It was a Mopar that was rear drive and fun when there were none to be had.

The current shit-show that is social media just doesn’t cut it for me..

So that’s my .02

I joined the club I think backing 2016 right after I found this beauty of an R/T in NJ, Being a former Ford racer when going fast had to do more with carbs and distributors rather than electronics and even though I had extensive engine experience doing valve timing events for old time funny cars (even before blowers) and campaigned a 68 428 Mustang in SS/E class, I considered myself a babe in the woods with this modern crap. At any rate, it was well worth the money to learn what i have from others on this site. My only beef is that because my experience was so old, I couldn't contribute more to more modern concerns. I even bought an old 95 Dakota with a 318 just to learn crap about Mopar small blocks.
    Guys here have been more than accommodating and free with info. For me, it's worth the measly sum for club dues to gain knowledge of this modern shit and I don't care if I had even just one question answered. I just hope I'm up to date with my dues.

Status

The forum/club is in a sad state. To put it politely, "there was a lot of mud thrown around" a few years ago. A bunch of people were getting banned by the officers in charge. A lot of people were accused of things that weren't done and things blew all to H E double toothpicks! The club has never recovered. I really miss the forum. We were on Delphi before this and Yahoo before that. I have been a paid member on & off since 2001 when I first found the website. It's weird living in a town that I have only seen 3 different R/T's over the 19 1/2 years I've owned mine. I miss the yearly meets a Bremerton Raceway for all Mopar weekend. We would have 8- 14 R/T's from as far away as Montana and several from Canada. Now NOTHING, NADA... Josh in Poulsbo is the only OG that even does anything with his R/T. Ah, well, the world keeps on turning and mine is faster than it has ever been and a blast to drive.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    The forum/club is in a sad state. To put it politely, "there was a lot of mud thrown around" a few years ago. A bunch of people were getting banned by the officers in charge. A lot of people were accused of things that weren't done and things blew all to H E double toothpicks! The club has never recovered. I really miss the forum. We were on Delphi before this and Yahoo before that. I have been a paid member on & off since 2001 when I first found the website. It's weird living in a town that I have only seen 3 different R/T's over the 19 1/2 years I've owned mine. I miss the yearly meets a Bremerton Raceway for all Mopar weekend. We would have 8- 14 R/T's from as far away as Montana and several from Canada. Now NOTHING, NADA... Josh in Poulsbo is the only OG that even does anything with his R/T. Ah, well, the world keeps on turning and mine is faster than it has ever been and a blast to drive.

This was before I got here. It all didn't matter to me as any forum any human gets on is prone to the dick waving, pissing contests that inevitably seems to happen. It's easy not to be polite to people you've never met before and to rub people the wrong way.
    At any rate, When people have been on a forum for almost 10-20 years, what is a valid "new" question to a newbie, becomes old hat to people who have seen the same question a million other times. As a result, some sarcasm might be thrown in which turns off the newbie and the place simply becomes "uncomfortable" to come to.
    To grizzled ones, they just take it in stride. To that 20-30 or even 40 year old someone, it may be enough to not want to experience that which they deem toxic.

Beyond that, this is a truck that not many are into. It's always the "few" veterans that keep a forum going and let's face it, people get tired of the same ole. That to me is the "trap" of a forum.
    Couple that with the exclusivity of the subject as its not like the numbers of people who visit welding, shooting, hunting, etc type forums and you get what may appear to be a "dying" forum especially if one is comparing of how it "used to be".
    To me, it's like going to that out of the way restaurant where not too many venture to anymore. That's ok. The food's still good however.

I remember my first question: "Can an R/T get into the 12's naturally aspirated and still be streetable." That may have rolled some people's eyes but what the hell did I know with this electronic, computer crap. I was just looking for answers but one can understand that to many with experience here, that may have been one of the "stupid questions".

Status

My RT isn't much of an RT anymore, I've moved on to the cut it up and race the shit out of it forums
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

"Bleach Master"

Status

Hi, OG asshole here;

Couple things, the old gestapo regime ran off a lot of good members with their bullshit witch hunts and banning members for no other reason than " I can" not making that up neither.
    Second, Facebook has killed a lot of internet forums, not just this one.
    Third, I first came around in 2001 2002 era on the Delphi boards, I was flamed hard by the veterans of that time, it made me the tough asshole I am today. Hell all forums that worth a shit were that way, if you couldn't handle the heat, you got ran off. Who wants to deal with a snowflake soft skin pansy? Most times those sensitive cry babies were retards and asked stupid shit like what oil to run or what spark plugs are best and dumb shit like that.

Anyway, welcome to the board, hope you decide to stick around, ask some questions, start conversations, we will chime in. Go look at my "who all is still here" post in the division 2 section, lots of replies of people still here.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

I still check in every couple days or so. But I stay a paid member for the same reasons as everyone else. To help keep this forum going and because it has a lot of good info available. I feel if your going to come on here and get info and ask questions you should pay the small fee they charge for a year membership. Otherwise if everyone comes here and gets info for free the forum will eventually be gone. So just pay for a membership and support it. It doesn’t cost much.

Supporting Vendor

Status

I'm not too keen on Facefad. However, everyone seems to have jumped ship due to fighting with each other on the forums and now that they are all on facefad fighting just the same. lol I like the forum because things don't get lost in the abys as they seem to on facefad. I contribute to the club to help keep it alive.

Status

"I like the forum because things don't get lost in the abys as they seem to on facefad. I contribute to the club to help keep it alive."

I agree with your statement. I do use facebook to keep up with family,friends & old classmates. I do miss the good conversations here.
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

DAKRT56

Status

The level of activity on FB obviously (and unfortunately) blows away what we've got here, but it's nice to be able to visit the forum and encounter a lot less stupidity.

I'll be a supporting member as long as enough of us stick around to keep it alive.

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

Status

Thank you for this post I have been an unpaid member for a long time ... most of all these post made me get to thinking. You gents are absolutely correct... I am now a paid member.

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sean'03 View Post
    Thank you for this post I have been an unpaid member for a long time ... most of all these post made me get to thinking. You gents are absolutely correct... I am now a paid member.
    Great. We need more people like you to step up.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

GPz550 Addict

Status

Is it just me, or do all of the fb groups have rules for being accepted just like forums?
    DRTC #1176

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Is it just me, or do all of the fb groups have rules for being accepted just like forums?
    Most of them have rules, as far as being accepted that seems to be different in every group, Marty and Rofl group is a shit circus full of retards that have no clue about the shit bag that is Marty.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sean'03 View Post
    I re-upped just now. I still learn new things from this site. Like "speed bleeders", I read people used them, but never looked them up to figure out what they were. Go figure...
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

Status

You don't have much to lose. Most of your money is spent on your free t-shirt.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Any R/T's View Post
    You don't have much to lose. Most of your money is spent on your free t-shirt.
    I just took the basic membership. I have 6 or 8 r/t t-shirts and a couple spare stickers.
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

The club is definitely not what it once was. Don't know much about the past political issues but I think part of it is a lot of the hard core performance guys have just lost interest and moved on. That's probably one reason a lot of the vendors have quit supporting us. Doubtful but maybe some day these trucks will become more of a collectors item but it'll still be a very small group of people that are into them. I like to keep my membership current just to support the club and the RT. I still love these trucks and there is a lot of good info here.
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Hi, OG asshole here;

Couple things, the old gestapo regime ran off a lot of good members with their bullshit witch hunts and banning members for no other reason than " I can" not making that up neither.
    Second, Facebook has killed a lot of internet forums, not just this one.
    Third, I first came around in 2001 2002 era on the Delphi boards, I was flamed hard by the veterans of that time, it made me the tough asshole I am today. Hell all forums that worth a shit were that way, if you couldn't handle the heat, you got ran off. Who wants to deal with a snowflake soft skin pansy? Most times those sensitive cry babies were retards and asked stupid shit like what oil to run or what spark plugs are best and dumb shit like that.

Anyway, welcome to the board, hope you decide to stick around, ask some questions, start conversations, we will chime in. Go look at my "who all is still here" post in the division 2 section, lots of replies of people still here.
    What he said
    Start it up and we will chime in.

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

The best Dakota R/T site there is, full of knowledge and great value. For that reason I renew my membership. When I first had the truck in 2000 I was part of the NW Dakota R/T Club until that kinda fizzled away. I lost interest for awhile but still had and took care of my truck. Then one day a couple years ago I wanted to do more, and engine rebuild, what better place to learn more and do it right. All the right connections are here. I don’t do Facebook but I am on Instagram so I created and moderate the Dakota_RT_Club to possibly help the site here with new members. Not sure if it’s helped much but maybe it has. Maybe in my mind I’m helping just a little bit to get the word out there that we still exist.

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast