+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chase1500 Q4-2018 TOTQ Picture and info

I killed Goose

Status

Default Chase1500 Q4-2018 TOTQ Picture and info

Posting pictures for Chase1500 in his bid for 4th quarter 2018 TOTQ.
    A few pics just refuse to upload correctly so they're sideways.
    Someone please link to this when the official poll is created.

I'll let him jump in to provide backstory and information on this Deep Amethyst beauty with 330,000 miles!

IMG_6732.JPG
    IMG_6730.JPG
    IMG_6731.JPG
    IMG_6723.JPG
    IMG_6724.JPG
    IMG_6725.JPG
    IMG_6726.JPG
    IMG_6727.JPG
    IMG_6728.JPG
    IMG_6729.JPG

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Bought this truck in Jan.of 99. It has been my daily driver for almost 20 years. 330,000 miles later I still drive it everywhere.( I have finally stopped driving it in the snow.) About 6 years ago, rather then buy a new truck, I started putting this one back in shape. My son in law and I took it apart and painted it in a three bay garage. Engine bay is color matched to body. Valve covers, air cleaner, brackets. After that I put the wheels on it. (Milanni Bitchin.) I drove it like that for a couple years. Then at about 300,000 miles I did a top end rebuild. EQ heads, Hughes intake, 218/228 cam, PPH headers, Crane Gold 1.6 rockers, e fan, 2.5 true duels all the way out the back. I have completely rebuilt the front end. Also the rear 410 gear. Next on the list is a 2800 stall convertor, and a shift kit. Both items have been bought and have been sitting under the work bench for a couple years. Mechanically truck has only been off the road for a total of about 2 weeks in its life. (plus 3 weeks for paint.) After 20 years I still can't wait to drive it everyday. LONG LIVE THE DAKOTA. ……..Chase. Thanks BigRob.
    Last edited by chase1500; 01-10-2019 at 05:00 PM.

I killed Goose

Status

That is awesome. 20 years and 330,000 miles is a lot of windshield time and you still love it

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    Bought this truck in Jan.of 99. It has been my daily driver for almost 20 years. 330,000 miles later I still drive it everywhere.( I have finally stopped driving it in the snow.) About 6 years ago, rather then buy a new truck, I started putting this one back in shape. My son in law and I took it apart and painted it in a three bay garage. Engine bay is color matched to body. Valve covers, air cleaner, brackets. After that I put the wheels on it. (Milanni Bitchin.) I drove it like that for a couple years. Then at about 300,000 miles I did a top end rebuild. EQ heads, Hughes intake, 218/228 cam, PPH headers, Crane Gold 1.6 rockers, e fan, 2.5 true duels all the way out the back. I have completely rebuilt the front end. Also the rear 410 gear. Next on the list is a 2800 stall convertor, and a shift kit. Both items have been bought and have been sitting under the work bench for a couple years. Truck has only been off the road for a total of about 2 weeks in its life. After 20 years I still can't wait to drive it everyday. LONG LIVE THE DAKOTA. ……..Chase. Thanks BigRob.
    Chase, are the chrome wheels in some of the pics BR sent aftermarket? Can't make it out entirely but the center caps seem smaller. I'm getting tired of replacing the factory ones at $50 a pop as they decide to drop off the truck at any point.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    Chase, are the chrome wheels in some of the pics BR sent aftermarket? Can't make it out entirely but the center caps seem smaller. I'm getting tired of replacing the factory ones at $50 a pop as they decide to drop off the truck at any point.
    3M emblem adhesive
    You're welcome
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    3M emblem adhesive
    You're welcome
    ^^^This. Couple dabs on the plastic fingers will hold them but still easy to get off when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    Yes they are Milanni Bitchin wheels.

nice looking truck. I just rolled over 300,000 on my 02 Dakota R/T CC. Still runs like new.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    nice looking truck. I just rolled over 300,000 on my 02 Dakota R/T CC. Still runs like new.
    Thanks

Status

Great looking truck,and well kept!

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    Great looking truck,and well kept!
    Thanks. I've been looking for an amber fire for a stable mate. That one in your sig. is stunning.

Status

Great looking DA R/T! So, the factory stock bottom end hasn't been touched? Wow!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    Great looking DA R/T! So, the factory stock bottom end hasn't been touched? Wow!
    Still untouched bottom end. I'm amazed by this myself. I beat the hell out of it on a regular basis. Still hit the drag strip 4 or 5 times a year. There's still a bunch of original stuff on the truck that's beyond logic.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    Thanks. I've been looking for an amber fire for a stable mate. That one in your sig. is stunning.
    Thannks,sitting at 27,800 miles lol.Just a few less than yours.

+ Reply to Thread