Thread: Problems from bad PCM

Threaded View

Status

Unhappy Problems from bad PCM

Hi Guys. I hope you can help me. I have a 2002 Dakota RT 5.9 95,000 miles with some issues. A couple weeks ago I started my truck at work. It was idling fine and then it shut off. It wouldn’t start again. “No Bus” came on the dash along with “check gauges”, gas light, and check engine. DTE mileage overhead went blank as well. Called a mechanic to check it out. He found no communication with the PCM. He tried two PCMs he had on hand. One was from a dodge van and the other a Dodge Ram pickup. Both started the truck, but still “No bus”, etc. The PCM that was in when I bought the tuck was from AutoModuleSourcd. I ordered a PCM from CarComputerExchange.com with my VIN and mileage. When I turn the ignition on, there is loud ticking from the relay center, and I think from the fuel pump too. I tried checking if the relays were bad by switching them but still has ticking. Truck still won’t start. Was I ripped off or could it be something simple as a sensor? Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Spawn; 12-15-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to include mileage