+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 408 stroker build - need tuning help

Status

Cigarette lighter is what I did , so it only has power with the key

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Cigarette lighter is what I did , so it only has power with the key
    thats what i did too. did you run the extra yellow wire to anything connecting to the pcm or just tape it? id like to get access to all the other sensors, tps etc on the truck through the pcm if thats possible with this wideband. just not sure how to wire it.

^the old RT.. may she rest in peace

1999 RC R/T black - 408 stroker finally running as of 11-1-18
    2004 350z black w/ nismo package
    2015 ducati panigale 899 - stock for now

Status

Shit, I don’t remember, I went wireless with the OT-2

Status

Not trying to jack your thread. But what kind of rods are in your pictures/408 above

Quote Originally Posted by sean'03 View Post
    Not trying to jack your thread. But what kind of rods are in your pictures/408 above
    SCAT
    Its the 408 stroker kit from hughes. link below
    SCAT 9-360-4000-6123-2125 Cast Crankshaft
    SCAT 2-ICR6123-2124-7/16 (I-Beam rods)
    Keith Black Hypereutectic Pistons #KB416.030 (4.030")
    Ring Set Sealed Power 2114+030 (5/64-5/64-3/16")
    Rod Bearings CB481HN Clevite "H" series
    Main Bearings MS1266HG Clevite "H" Series (Wide Flange 74-03 blocks)

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...r&partid=26453

Status

Sweet cool deal man

I didn’t do a stroker build on my 99 but I did use the stock PCM and had Ryan (FRPTUNING) dial in my tune. I used an SCT tuner, replaced all O2 sensors with NGK as recommended and installed the fuel/air wideband kit which is an absolute must for data logging what is going on. There was an issue at the time with SCT and the PCM (it would download) but the problem was solved by Ryan and I have had zero issues. Ryan was a huge factor in the entire process and if you can, get in contact with him. Good luck with your truck.

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    I didn’t do a stroker build on my 99 but I did use the stock PCM and had Ryan (FRPTUNING) dial in my tune. I used an SCT tuner, replaced all O2 sensors with NGK as recommended and installed the fuel/air wideband kit which is an absolute must for data logging what is going on. There was an issue at the time with SCT and the PCM (it would download) but the problem was solved by Ryan and I have had zero issues. Ryan was a huge factor in the entire process and if you can, get in contact with him. Good luck with your truck.
    awesome thanks. i've been working with PIE and just uploaded my last tune with the SCT tuner based off the readings from my new wideband, and the throttle response is much better and doesn't seem to be running as lean. truck is currently in the shop getting new rack and pinion in front end (apparently the guy i bought is from ran it in a ditch , i replaced the power steering pump and all the lines after putting ht motor back in and it still leaks steering fluid all over) but had no CEL after last flash so i'm going to see how it goes from here.
    thanks again

Status
    Blog Entries

My email is facesturbo@gmail.com and I would love to know how to do all you’ve done. Since I moved to Florida I haven’t met anyone who loves cars the way I do. I definitely haven’t met a good mechanic who can build the truck I want. So anything you can help me with I would GREATLY appreciate. And thanks in advance.

I know you're new to the forum. There are a few "stickies" that begin to describe some things. Presently, you are asking a rather loaded question. Sort of like "how do you make Beef Stroganoff. There are many intricacies that would take reams of information in this or any format. Basically, in order to do a stroker motor, you need to remove the engine and disassemble it. Not hard if you've done anything like that. Blindingly difficult if you have no hands on experience or knowledge.
    You haven't told anyone of any expertise you have and if you're doing ANY work on this yourself. If you are farming it all out, you need to search further for an engine builder who would know everything it takes to build a stroker engine.
    It would be easier if you could narrow your question down a bit or phrase your question in steps.. Otherwise it will be like for Stroganoff: "First, get cow" kind of thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2