+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deep Sump Oil Pan

Default Deep Sump Oil Pan

Hey all,

been searching for info/products and not a lot comes up... but does the MIL 30981 milodon oil pan fit our trucks? seems its for an la motor which i know there fitment is a little different...i read one guy doing this and using an la gasket but not pulling up a whole lot of info..would like to get a deep sump for my build..was told by a couple people to stay away from Southeast...any input would be greatly appreciated
    Be yourself, everyone else is already taken
    11.1 @ 120

I killed Goose

Status

Milodon 30986 fits but I've been told its a tight squeeze to clear the cross member when installing the engine.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...6/applications

Kevco makes one but doesn't add much capacity.
    https://kevkoracing.com/collections/...kota-truck-pan

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

Hey James, I'm just gonna mention a couple things I have seen/heard from a couple of really knowledgeable Mopar guys, both machinist and engine builder that worked on my engine. My machinist runs the "Lemon Twist" stock eliminator Duster from Yakima,WA. He was excited to show me that he was going to be using a 98-04 era Dakota 5.2 -5.9 oil pan on his 340. He says this thing is a near perfect pan for a factory stock pan. He barely clearanced it to pass by his drag link. He didn't really say if he was going to run more oil than normal in this setup. Now, my builder, that also runs Dak R/t"s with the 5.9 Magnum drag racing is using 6 qts in his stock pan. I have also used his advise when racing and used 6 qts and it barely shows on the dipstick. And, there were no ill affects from doing this. This is first hand from both these guys and I have done it without any problems. Just an FYI for you to make an informed decision. Take it for what you want. Pat
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

thanks for the info guys! i saw the kevco unit..looks like a nice piece and its priced right..but agree with the capacity....
    11.1 @ 120

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    Hey James, I'm just gonna mention a couple things I have seen/heard from a couple of really knowledgeable Mopar guys, both machinist and engine builder that worked on my engine. My machinist runs the "Lemon Twist" stock eliminator Duster from Yakima,WA. He was excited to show me that he was going to be using a 98-04 era Dakota 5.2 -5.9 oil pan on his 340. He says this thing is a near perfect pan for a factory stock pan. He barely clearanced it to pass by his drag link. He didn't really say if he was going to run more oil than normal in this setup. Now, my builder, that also runs Dak R/t"s with the 5.9 Magnum drag racing is using 6 qts in his stock pan. I have also used his advise when racing and used 6 qts and it barely shows on the dipstick. And, there were no ill affects from doing this. This is first hand from both these guys and I have done it without any problems. Just an FYI for you to make an informed decision. Take it for what you want. Pat
    good info man thanks!
    11.1 @ 120

Status

I have a PIE pan I'm not using, it's just a Kevco pan. holds 6 quarts, sits pretty close to the cross member.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Why stay away from southeast for the pan?? John uses SHIT paint but chops together a decent pan..

Quote Originally Posted by 99WhiteD View Post
    Why stay away from southeast for the pan?? John uses SHIT paint but chops together a decent pan..
    i have heard a couple people tell me that he was a rip-off...and honestly he kind of skeived me out when he told me not to use PayPal to mail him a check....no thanks..unless i personally know you you aint getting a check
    11.1 @ 120

Status

My South East pan is awesome, fit like a glove because modified stock pan, it was powder coated and holds 7 quarts.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    I have a PIE pan I'm not using, it's just a Kevco pan. holds 6 quarts, sits pretty close to the cross member.
    David, when i am ready i will message you if you still have it maybe we can work something out. trying to recover from the short block bill right now lol
    11.1 @ 120

John / Southeast performance, seem to be a pretty stand-up guy the three times I've ever dealt with him. Never got ripped off but then again I was able to PayPal him. Plus as mentioned above never had an issue with his oil pan other than paint chipping on my 408 seeing that it was stock just modified

-Zen-

Status

John's a cool guy - bought several hoods, small parts from him over the years w/no problems. He's picked up the phone on a weekend and helped me with a cam install once too.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Unfortunately most of the OG Dakota guys are gone, but if they were still here there would be story after story about how much of a Giant douche bag/ con artist John really is.
    Way back in the early days of me owning my Dakota R/T, I got hooked up with Jody fryer who was in/part of the southeast Dakota R/T club and worked with John. I was looking at getting a Mopar PCM from john after a recommendation from Jody about him. Well he quoted me a price $50 higher than the dealer's price, I was amazed at that since I was being prospected to join this club. I bought my PCM from the dealer and shortly after John fucked Jody and that club fell apart.
    I don't know the particulars with John and Jody as this was like 2001 era and has seen been covered on the Delphi boards. I have a couple more stories from years past, and those fucking headers he put out, OOF!

Anyway, I have noticed John and Marty have come back onto the scene lately mostly because most of us "old guys" have left the dakota scene and sold our trucks to younger guys who don't know about these hack phucks!
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

-Zen-

Status

I'm new here,,but was dealing with John back in 01 and since till I sold my '01 a few years ago.
    Marty too actually (from Speedfreaks?) - I heard he screwed alot of people over too,,, but then he did good by me. Maybe cause I was local and showed up in person.

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Unfortunately most of the OG Dakota guys are gone, but if they were still here there would be story after story about how much of a Giant douche bag/ con artist John really is.
    Way back in the early days of me owning my Dakota R/T, I got hooked up with Jody fryer who was in/part of the southeast Dakota R/T club and worked with John. I was looking at getting a Mopar PCM from john after a recommendation from Jody about him. Well he quoted me a price $50 higher than the dealer's price, I was amazed at that since I was being prospected to join this club. I bought my PCM from the dealer and shortly after John fucked Jody and that club fell apart.
    I don't know the particulars with John and Jody as this was like 2001 era and has seen been covered on the Delphi boards. I have a couple more stories from years past, and those fucking headers he put out, OOF!

Anyway, I have noticed John and Marty have come back onto the scene lately mostly because most of us "old guys" have left the dakota scene and sold our trucks to younger guys who don't know about these hack phucks!
    your the reason i am staying away from him..i value your opinion and you always seem to steer me in the right direction...i appreciate that...
    11.1 @ 120

i was ready to deal with john on gettiing a pan down the road..but as soon as he told me to send him a check for the amount and then he would ship the pan...i got weirded out...hell i wouldnt even do that with a close friend lol...i have no problem paying extra to cover paypal fees as it protects my purchase
    11.1 @ 120

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDak View Post
    I'm new here,,but was dealing with John back in 01 and since till I sold my '01 a few years ago.
    Marty too actually (from Speedfreaks?) - I heard he screwed alot of people over too,,, but then he did good by me. Maybe cause I was local and showed up in person.
    That's exactly why.

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

I have a southeast performance pan on a shelf. I run a miladon.

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    I have a southeast performance pan on a shelf. I run a miladon.
    Which one? and what pickup are you using?
    11.1 @ 120

+ Reply to Thread