+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Some Help with Directionals

Status

Default Need Some Help with Directionals

My 1998 R/T directionals are not flashing all the time. When I put on left or right directional it will flash 2-3 times then go solid green. Sometimes it will not flash at all just stays solid green. Occasionally it will flash until shut off. The hazard button does the same thing so I don't think it is the switch on the column. I tried changing the flasher but that didn't help. All my bulbs are working properly so I didn't change them. Thinking maybe a bad ground (anyone know where they are located)? Any thought would be great. Thanks in advance Tom

Status

Try pulling fuse for the directional sand see if it changes hazzards , a hot wire to ground will most likely blow fuses And a bad or corroded ground could be your culprit
    Run new ground for trouble shooting . Good luck

Status

There are a couple ground cables left front fender in front of battery tray clean the connections mine were all rusty Your negative battery cable attaches there

Status

Will try that this weekend. Thanks for the help

Status

Still having issues. Was working for few days now stopped but working again. Should I change all the bulbs? I do have a trailer hitch hookup in rear. Should I remove that? Thanks

Status

Try disconnecting the trailer hitch wiring , also there is another ground point by left a arm on the frame you can look there ,maybe u will find corroded socket I had a 96 dakota that would fill up with water and I drilled a small hole

+ Reply to Thread