+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 408 stroker running rich

Status

Default 408 stroker running rich

Hey everyone,

I am very rarely on this forum, busy lifestyle. But I have been having an issue with my truck running rich. Long story short I purchased this truck from an older gentleman, 2003 Dakota RT with a 408 Stroker motor, came equipped with a Hemifever sct tune. Had issues with my transmission, Took it the local transmission shop and stated they needed to use the sct tuner to clear the code. The manager told me that they have cleared many codes for people with tunes on their vehicles and never had a problem. So with us having not always the best of weather here in Canada, the truck sits through a cold winter and back out we go in the spring. Drive it for about a month or so and get a code that I'm running rich bank 1, switch the o2 sensor, then get a running rich bank 2. So needless to say I have changed all 4 of the o2 sensors clear the code and nothing. I have to try and pass and emissions test in a few months and need to clear this code. Anyway anyone has some advice?

Black Pearl

Status

Sean, (hemifever) was known for rich tunes. Contact (click here ->>>) Flyin Ryan for a better tune.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

Get a hold of Sean, and tell him the truck is running rich, and have write you a new tune. My experience with him though is that his tunes are always rich. I bought my SCT box and tunes from him and my truck was always rich too. I went back to him a number of times and he told he that he never tunes rich. yet when I had my truck on the dyno in Burlington and had the dyno guy start tuning it, the first thing he asked was why the truck was tuned so rich. You need to have it tuned properly. The guy I use is DL Motorsports in Burlington. He is very good but also busy and hard to get a hold of.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Supporting Vendor

Status

Just curious, what is the intake duration at .050 of your cam and what size injector are you running? Also, what is your idle rpm?

Status

kota360

Only problem with getting a hold of sean is I have the old sct tuner and I need to buy a newer version of the sct tuner. And add a wideband o2 sensor with air fuel gauge. Just another gauge to add to my cluster of gauges. I'll have to try and get a hold of DL motorsports and see what can be done. Thanks alot for the info. Hey have you ever taken your truck to moparfest in New Hamburg Ontario?

Status

98Dak408

I'm not sure how to answer the intake duration of my cam. Km running 30# injectors. My idle is around the 900 mark.

Status

ScojoDak

Sorry but your link to Flyin Ryan isnt working is he located in the UK?

Status

I go to MoparFest but never taken my truck.
    What SCT tuner do you have?
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewZ View Post
    ScojoDak

Sorry but your link to Flyin Ryan isnt working is he located in the UK?
    Ryan is in Texas.

Status

Thanks for the info. Jim

Status

Sct 9550

+ Reply to Thread