+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E85 conversion???

Status

Default E85 conversion???

How hard is it to get these trucks running on ethanol? How practical is it? Is there a way to get the adaptive system like the flex-fuel vehicles have? Is anyone running their 5.9s on pump e85?
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Status

oh its very possible. Is it worth it tho. Whats your goals? How available is e85 for you?

Status

My goals with the truck would be 330 crank hp without tearing apart the motor. E85 is decently available, but also very cheap around here. How do these trucks respond to it?
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

"Bleach Master"

Status

you don't need E85 for 330 crank HP, cam, manifold, headers and FRP tune would make without trying hard on 93/91 pump gas.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

"Bleach Master"

Status

Also, Jtec doesn't have flex fuel sensors or adaptive learning for E85 because E85 didn't exist when JTEC was being used. You would need injectors and a tune for E85, our stock fuel line prolly wouldn't work very long with it.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

In addition, most flex fuel sensors check the fuel on the return trip back to the tank, but the Dodges are returnless so you'd have to sort that out as well. Do as Chad says and you can make 330 flywheel easy on normal pump gas without the fuss.

Status

Was really just checking on the practicality of it. Not that I was seriously set on doing it. Just thought it would be different because you dont see too many running e85, but yall have pointed out why. I know that the ethanol is great for boosted engines, but in my mind I was thinking higher octane at a much cheaper price

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SPelf View Post
    Was really just checking on the practicality of it. Not that I was seriously set on doing it. Just thought it would be different because you dont see too many running e85, but yall have pointed out why. I know that the ethanol is great for boosted engines, but in my mind I was thinking higher octane at a much cheaper price
    As the others have pointed out. E85 is not practical for your goal. Yes, it's ~105 octane at the same price of 87 (around me anyways) but its not a easy/cheap conversion. Wait for boost to look into switching.

+ Reply to Thread