+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When was the R/T actually introduced in '98?

Default When was the R/T actually introduced in '98?

I recently got a 1998 factory sales brochure on the '98 Dakota and I was interested to see how they introduced the R/T model in the new literature. To my surprise there is absolutely no mention of it at all, not in the main catalog, not in the options, no late introduction notice, nothing.

Status

Spring of 1998.

Status

Love the 98'

Spring makes sense, the 1998 brochure was printed in August of 1997. There was an ad in Motortrend in May of '98, I believe it was a two page ad, that showed a flame red R/T doing a smoke show with the words LIGHT MY TIRES on top. I can't remember any other car company ever showing burn outs until the 2005 Mustang GT came out. Now of course every Dodge ad is a smoke show or bragging about how they got banned by the NHRA.

Quote Originally Posted by spence340 View Post
    Spring makes sense, the 1998 brochure was printed in August of 1997. There was an ad in Motortrend in May of '98, I believe it was a two page ad, that showed a flame red R/T doing a smoke show with the words LIGHT MY TIRES on top. I can't remember any other car company ever showing burn outs until the 2005 Mustang GT came out. Now of course every Dodge ad is a smoke show or bragging about how they got banned by the NHRA.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Yup, that's it but I remember seeing something somewhere that showed it smoking the tires.

Status

Remember seeing this,and thinking Hmmmmm,time to trade off my 1995 318 5 spd Dakota,

https://youtu.be/QTg9R6G99uU

Status

i remember around my area i had seen two others on different dealer lots way marked up in price both club cabs the day before i bought mine at a third dealer not marked up in price my father new the dealer but had to wait from friday to monday to get deal done dealer had to send documentation to credit union that such a truck existed from factory before get loan they didn't believe either of us .plus had bit of trouble getting insurance same reason more proof to show it was factory option . but no problems after showed proof with ether one just had to wait a few days to enjoy it

+ Reply to Thread