+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What next?

Default What next?

Hey everyone,

So I've been driving my Dakota R/T back and forth to work since 2000. I've had some great times with it. Vacations, truck shows, slow cruises... you know, good times. This thing has 275 thousand miles. I still love this beauty. The girls love this beauty. I always want to keep it as my daily. Unfortunately I need to be realistic about my plans. If I continue to drive this piece of art eventually it will either see its last day due to someone running into it or rusting beyond repair.

I personally would like to keep fixing it for as long a possible but in order to keep it in my life maybe purchasing another daily drive is the thing to do. Which brings me to my next question. What next? I mean the trucks today are shaped like F#%$&ng bricks. They don't have that feel of the slammed R/T. What about a new Holden Ute for america or something? You know, el camino or maybe something that has the next feeling that my R/T gives me. What are your thoughts? Does anyone else out there wonder what can give me what my R/T has? Or what do you think would be the next sport truck that makes me want to open my wallet for the aftermarket hood and roll pan? What's your thoughts?

eastcoastnationals2003026_s1.jpg

GPz550 Addict

Status

Build another, keeping your current for show and go.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

DAKRT56

Status

I know they don't have quite the compact stature of a Dak R/T, but 4th gen Ram R/Ts have a better aftermarket for them, and a Gen III Hemi is a lot better starting point than a 360.

If I ever get tired of my R/T, that's probably what I'll end up with.

Not mine, though I wish it was:

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

GPz550 Addict

Status

[QUOTE=chrgr340;527946]I know they don't have quite the compact stature of a Dak R/T, but 4th gen Ram R/Ts have a better aftermarket for them, and a Gen III Hemi is a lot better starting point than a 360.

If I ever get tired of my R/T, that's probably what I'll end up with.

[/QUOTE

I agree, as I have always wanted a 4-door version of the Ram 5.7 Hemi. The SRT-10 would be nice, but way out of my price-range. Now very married to my R/T, but if the worst were to happen, the Ram Hemi would be the direction I'd go.

Ram Hemi.jpg
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Status
    Blog Entries

Ram Tradesman ordered with Hemi eight speed .. 3.92 Gears in regular cab . 2wheel Drive is best Sleeper. Truck out there

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I agree, as I have always wanted a 4-door version of the Ram 5.7 Hemi. The SRT-10 would be nice, but way out of my price-range. Now very married to my R/T, but if the worst were to happen, the Ram Hemi would be the direction I'd go.
    This is actually my DD Ram (well really, during the summer my R/T is, but whatever). It's 4wd because Minnesota, but I often think about lowering the rear and doing like a Quad Cab knock off R/T look with it. I probably won't ever end up doing it because again, Minnesota, but I think it'd look pretty sweet closer to the ground with the 22" factory R/T wheels on it. I swapped the black emblems on it to sport it up a bit, but it'll never get black wheels because I'd prefer to not be like every other black truck on the road these days.

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

Okay guys good ideas. Let me hit the highlights and tell me what you think.

First, Ram SRT10. Now this is a great truck. I would like to make this truck my daily driver. Although I'm not sure how this truck will do over time. I know the 8.3 liter isn't well known for being a high mileage engine. Though, I've been wrong about things like this. I know there's plenty of high mileage LS3's out there. But... I'm not sure about bumper to bumper traffic.

Second, Hemi Ram. This is more of a practicle truck than the SRT10 but it just doesn't get me that excited. Now, I'll be honest I was checking out some of the custom rides on the internet for a good part of last night.

Third, build a second R/T. I really like this idea but I'm not sure I can just make another one with the same love that I gave this one. What are your thoughts?

Status

the 6.4 hemi in the rams are no joke. Great motor. Good amount of go fast parts too.

Status

this is mine too have 98 rt and 17 rt KIMG0712.jpg

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rattler360 View Post
    Ram Tradesman ordered with Hemi eight speed .. 3.92 Gears in regular cab . 2wheel Drive is best Sleeper. Truck out there
    That does sound like a good place to build from!

+ Reply to Thread