+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aftermarket Steering Wheel With Cruise?

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Default Aftermarket Steering Wheel With Cruise?

Has anyone attempted or completed an install with the factory cruise or alternative?

I have been considering replacing my wheel with an aftermarket. A couple of years ago, I installed a factory cruise system after going nearly 17 years without. At this time, I am not ready to give up what has been (somewhat) recently installed.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    Has anyone attempted or completed an install with the factory cruise or alternative?

I have been considering replacing my wheel with an aftermarket. A couple of years ago, I installed a factory cruise system after going nearly 17 years without. At this time, I am not ready to give up what has been (somewhat) recently installed.

Interesting,I would love to maybe swap the wheel from my Challenger into my Dak if I do swap the Challenger wheel for a Demon wheel.

Keep us posted as to what you find out.

You can install the SRT steering wheels into these Dakota’s you just have to deal with figuring out the wiring change for the cruise control. Check out 99DakotaRTCC truck, he mentioned something about the swap to a Viper SRT wheel. I know there should be lots of Jeep SRT’s available at the wreckers and such, they are nice.
    Last edited by Wiggsy72; 07-29-2018 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Correction

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    You can install the SRT steering wheels into these Dakota’s you just have to deal with figuring out the wiring change for the cruise control. Check out 99DakotaRTCC truck, he mentioned something about the swap to a Viper SRT wheel. I know there should be lots of Jeep SRT’s available at the wreckers and such, they are nice.

I will,wasn’t sure if the shaft spines were the same or not.

Thanks!

Home School Valedictorian

Status

If attempted, I am going to stick with an aftermarket wheel. I am not a big fan of the SRT style wheels (mainly air bag) but, I don't care for all of the remaining buttons being unused, besides the cruise.
    I am thinking about a machined aluminum mounting bracket for some form of cruise control buttons, sandwiched between the steering wheel and the wheel adapter that will be required.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Keep us posted if you do venture down that road.

Kinda never really been a fan of the Dakota factory wheel center section..

+ Reply to Thread