+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone own or ever seen a Dakota R/T with the paint color Bright Jade Pearl Coat?

Default Anyone own or ever seen a Dakota R/T with the paint color Bright Jade Pearl Coat?

I picked up a set of factory bed rails off a junker in the yard today and went through some of my old factory sales brochures because I remember seeing a picture of the bed rails in the back of one of the brochures. Near the back of the '97 Dakota brochure they show a shot of a Dakota Sport in Magenta with color-keyed front brush/grille guard, molded running boards and bed rails. Who ever heard of or has seen a Magenta Dakota? And then on the last page there is a shot of a truck in Bright Jade. This strange color I have seen many times at a local Home Depot in the back of the parking lot on a plain jane Dakota. I see that they still offered Jade in '98 so I suppose someone must have ordered an R/T in that color at some point in the production year. It looks like it bit the dust by 1999 as it was not offered in the sales literature for that year.

Status

yes i have seen a magenta dakota dealer in my area had one or two can't remember for certain . as far as bright jade metallic was color i liked very much only have seen one dakota in that color around here and only two rams one 318 stick club cab and the 360 st cab 2wd i purchased new in 97 they sat side by side on the lot was the first brand new truck i ever bought as far as the color was a one year color 97 only as far as i know so pretty rare color . it was actually the truck i traded for my 98 dakota rt.

There was something online that stated that Jade was available in '98 as well but maybe it never made it to production. Another thing I saw once was that Patriot Blue, which came out in 2000, was not available on the R/T. I think it was in the 2003 brochure, why would they not allow a particular color for the R/T model?

Status

R/T were only offered in certain colors depending on the year.Just how Dodge did it.

Yeah, hard to figure why they would do that but at least they pushed out a few Amber Fire R/T's like yours. Looks like Amber Fire was a 2000 color introduction and I have only seen one in the flesh on a Quad Cab. It's funny how colors you may not have considered ordering in the day somehow grow on you over the years. The rarer colors do have a certain appeal over time because they are so rare but I love the Amber Fire color now and would love to find one in a R/T.

+ Reply to Thread