+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just got a general electrical question about a fog light switch for another vehicle

Status

Default Just got a general electrical question about a fog light switch for another vehicle

I'm trying to get some hints on factory fog lights that I added to another truck I've got that didn't originally come with them. I can't seem to get any help from where I bought them. So I bought a custom harness from another Ranger owner that uses the factory switch, relay, and lamps. It has a factory push button on the center dash that has an ON/OFF LED that lights up when the lights are on and does not light up when they are off. The factory switch has 4 wire out the back so does this custom harness, one is for 12v/key power, dash illumination, ground, and the other goes out to a fuse, then to a relay I'm assuming which is what turns the lights on an off. Well when I spliced in a wire from power wire going down to the lamps and ran it up to the switch inside splicing into the blue-relay wire the ON/OFF LED works backwards. It lights up when the lights are actually OFF and does not light up when the lights are ON. What does it mean when it actually operates backwards from the way it should?

Red trucks are faster

Status

So is this about dodge or ford????????????????????????????????????????
    Your problem isn't the problem. Your reaction is the problem.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14597&dateline=143749  2005

Status

No matter, its already fixed. Just needed an extra wire hooked up to the relay. I just didn't know if there was a way to remove this thread.

+ Reply to Thread