+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No one makes upper control arms so will these on ebay work?

Hybrid View

Status

Default No one makes upper control arms so will these on ebay work?

I've got to rebuild my upper control arms again even though they don't even have 6,000 miles on them. I used Mopar bushings and they look like they've got 100,000 miles on them. I was going to have them rebuilt using this Energy Suspension bushing kit I got but then I saw these new upper control arms on Ebay. However, when I originally was buying parts to do the initial front end rebuild I could not find any aftermarket upper control arms for 2wd Dakotas. Do these look wrong or are they really for 4wd models? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-...da1VUp&vxp=mtr

Home School Valedictorian

Status

The arms pictured are for 2wd.

Why wouldn't rebuild the ones you have? You know or have control over the quality of the ball joints and the bushings used.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Those are for 98 99. Yes they work.

Status

I dropped off my original lower control arms at the suspension shop today to have the Energy Suspension bushings installed. I'm going to have him just rebuild the original uppers when he does it all. I was going to get those new control arms on ebay just so it would be easier and quicker, thus cheaper for the shop to do. But mostly everyone says the Energy Suspension bushings will outlast the oem rubber ones.

+ Reply to Thread