My truck is a daily and my #1 goal above anything else is streetability as I will continue to drive it daily in the summer.

Is going anything over 9.5:1 a no-no on cheap pump gas? I would probably be buying 91 just for peace of mind but I won't go over what the 'limit' is for static compression for 89 octane, just so that I have that option. Some places around me skip 91 straight to 93. How high could I theoretically go?

I am buying a set of stock eddy heads and already am planning on getting them shaved to the correct 58cc chamber size. How much shaving does that take usually? Is there any reason I'd want to get them shaved a little more since it's already getting done? I don't really have any plans right now to get them ported but I may or may not talk to a buddy of mine about cleaning them up some.

I will contact Richard once I have a more defined plan to help me out with a cam.

My stock engine right now is creeping up on 150K miles. I am planning on re-using my stock bottom end and just freshening it up with new bearings and rings. I don't really see any reason to replace my pistons or rods, I'm not shooting for the moon or anything. Never had a single oiling issue or noise come from the engine, but it is leaking a good amount through the RMS. I top it off just about every week.

I've helped quite a few buddies plan and build their engines and have been working on small and big block mopars with my dad my whole life (we have a 76 440 power wagon that's been through a 383 and 2 440s), but this will be the first one that I build for myself.

Sorry for the wall of text...

-Justin