+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cracked a spark plug

Status

Default Cracked a spark plug

Thanks for the members that weighed in and helping me decide which way to go with a muffler that's why I joined this site you guys know a lot more than I do. I went with a spintech 6000 series dual two and a half in Two and a Half out I found it on eBay for $139 had the muffler shop install it .it sounds great on the way over to the shop with open headers and no sensors less than 1 mile from my house the truck started to backfire real bad once I got the muffler in we started it up again and it still back fired so I started going through the spark plugs and I found a spark plug on cylinder number 8 the porcelain was shattered I installed a new plug and the truck is running fine now.

Status

Shattered? Like all the porcelain missing?

Status

Yes a good part of it. But all the other plugs look just fine towards the end of the ride it was nuts it sounded like I was lobbing grenades out the window.

Status

It's running great now though I couldn't believe one crack plug could cause that much chaos I thought I had really messed something up.

Status

Seen it many times when the parts monkies kick the box all the way to the counter...

I actually make a habit of buying 1 or 2 more plugs than I need just for that reason,which eventually means I have a spare set for a future change.

Status

I’ve had that happen also, probably 1 out of 100 of mine have had a hairline crack

Status

The plugs have been in there for at least a month and a half and everything was working just fine until I drove it with open headers and no sensors.

+ Reply to Thread