+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tuning issue with wheel diameter change?

Status

Default Tuning issue with wheel diameter change?

I got my truck used, already modified and SCT tuned. It has 15 inch wheels that I don't like. I have found the stock 17's off a Durango R/T. What issues might I have with the tune or otherwise if I swapped back to the 17's? I don't know anything about the tune or the who actually did it. The engine is supercharged and has at least top end mods. M1 intake, F&B 980cfm 55x53 TB, headers, roller rockers. The suspension is dropped fairly low and has CalTracs. Thanks for any input.

Status

Wheel size won’t affect a thing.
    Tire diameter can throw the speedo off however

Status

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    Wheel size won’t affect a thing.
    Tire diameter can throw the speedo off however
    Thank you, now I just hope they will fit under it. I have the original spare and it is a couple inches taller than the wheel and tire that I have now.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bwjusmc View Post
    Thank you, now I just hope they will fit under it. I have the original spare and it is a couple inches taller than the wheel and tire that I have now.
    Don’t run it(different tire diameters)on the rear,the rear sure grip won’t like it....

Status

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    Don’t run it(different tire diameters)on the rear,the rear sure grip won’t like it....
    Thanks for the advice. It is the actual original spare, it looks like I am the first one to remove it. The tire doesn't hold air so, I won't be putting it on. I just used it as a reference for the actual height difference between what I have and what I want. Unfortunately, the guy parting out his Durango won't let the wheels go separately. I wish I had a way to haul it the 60 miles from me; it doesn't look like a bad deal for $1500 https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...586922846.html

"Tire diameter can throw the speedo off however" I don't believe this is correct. Our trucks use a speed sensor that ignores the tire height.
    2000 Dakota, 5.9, 6lb Powerdyne, 13.33@106

+ Reply to Thread