+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying again on a 99 R/T what's the original number for the PCV hose?

Status

Default Trying again on a 99 R/T what's the original number for the PCV hose?

I can only find part# 53008675AB as the part number for a replacement PCV hose on my 99 R/T. Mine is getting brittle so I need to replace it. I can't read any numbers on mine but I know it's factory because I can tell by how the protective sleeve on it is wrapped. Mine is probably 12-15 inches long and actually runs from the passenger side valve cover at the pcv valve to the driver's side intake plenum port. Everyone I've ever seen is the short 90 degree hose that plugs into the passenger side intake port. But even my original emission decal under the hood shows that the driver's side port is correct for the pcv hose. Does anyone know what the original number is or where I can get a new one?

Status

It's just a damn hose man...bring the PCV to autozone with you and grab whatever size fits on it. It ain't nothing special.

Status

Yes, apparently it wasn't anything special from Dodge either. It has numbers on the bottom of 34611 which appears to be crossed to Chrysler's bulk emission hose. I took it off to match up the size and it started breaking apart. It's just a 3/8" hose which I thought had a pre-made bend in it but it was just so brittle it hardened in that shape. I don't even need to go to the parts store I've got plenty extra. Still wondering why Chrysler changed the location of the hose from the driver's side plenum port whereas most were on the passenger side using the short PCV hose. But oh well it's fixed.

I used fuel hose so it wont deteriorate.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Status

I used some heavy duty flexible silicone 3/8 fuel hose and taped the protectant loom back on so it looks original. It will probably outlast the engine.

+ Reply to Thread