+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the plastic pan gasket really reuseable?

Status

Default Is the plastic pan gasket really reuseable?

Getting ready hopefully for Mopar night next week at Summit. Might take my R/T to put in the show just for the hell of it. The past year I had all the leaking oil seals replaced on the engine. Oil pan, filter housing, front timing cover gasket, valve cover gasket, and rear main seal. I thought my rear main seal had already started to leak again but I believe it might be this plastic transmission pan gasket. It was changed a little over a year ago when the solenoids were changed. I know it's suppose to be a reuseable gasket but that's the only time it's been put on. It's a new oem replacement pan, it's not chrome. It appears the leakage is all around the transmission pan gasket, the fluid was red. I had checked the bolts awhile back and they are tight. It's leaking a lot, it just seeps around the pan. I could wash it off and drive it 100 miles and come back and look under it and you would think nothing is leaking. Is the cork gasket better or rubber gasket? Or should I try another one of these plastic gaskets? I do remember buying a Mopar transmission filter and Mopar transmission pan gasket from Rockauto a couple years ago when I first got the truck and I remember the Mopar transmission pan gasket was cork. It didn't leak but I can't find it available anymore.

you can reuse the oem rubber gasket the rubber gasket is better than the cork gasket . the mopar rubber gasket should not leak . maybe your transmission pan perimeter is a little bend . maybe your trasmission surface is rough where the gaskets meets with the pan .

+ Reply to Thread