+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel coming out exhaust pipe

Default Fuel coming out exhaust pipe

I just picked up another R/T 408 V7 Vortech supercharger. It had been sitting for awhile, I got it stated and idling fine but have raw gas coming out drivers side exhaust. Looking at the fuel rails the fuel input comes in on back of drivers fuel rail and crosses over to passengers side on back side of fuel rail engine, the line to regulator comes out the back of passenger fuel rail. An 8an T-fitting on back of both fuel rails. When I got it the fuel line crossing drivers side to passenger side was missing. On my R/T i have the fuel coming in drives side back crossing over in front of engine and out of passenger fuel rail to regulator.
    2000 BW CC Mopar headers, 1.92 heads ported and poslished matched to M1, 3" exhaust no cat, Comp cam, MSD digital6, HVC coil, 8.5 wires, complete fuel return system, Aeromotive fuel pump, Viper fan and brakes, battery relocated in bed, caltracs, Alan Short drive shaft loop, B&M Quickshifter, Vortech V-2. SCT tuned.

Status

Whats fuel pressure at idle, and does it hold fuel pressure when shut off?
    boost a pump or fmu or 1:1 rising rate regulator?

Unfortunately the fuel pressure gauge isn't working in the truck I will add a spare one I have on fuel regulator and let you know. I think it has 96lb injectors controlled by a FAST system, I haven't hooked up laptop up to it yet, had to get battery for it. It had a Aeromotive A1000 on it that went bad and he picked up another high output one from Summit last year. Just a little nervous about putting it i my shop it is almost pouring out tailpipe. Fuel pressure had to be at least 40 PSI or it wouldn't have started and run long enough for me to drive it off trailer. Don't think it holds pressure after I turn it off takes a few cranks to get it running again. Fuel cell is under bed and pump is on drivers rail so it is above cell. I was think either the fuel injector on drivers side my be sticking open. I will go see Roy it was his truck tomorrow and get some more info on it. Thanks for responding I should have hooked up the manual fuel pressure gauge once I saw the one in the truck wasn't working, just needed to get it off trailer.
    Last edited by Darrel00R/T; 05-11-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    2000 BW CC Mopar headers, 1.92 heads ported and poslished matched to M1, 3" exhaust no cat, Comp cam, MSD digital6, HVC coil, 8.5 wires, complete fuel return system, Aeromotive fuel pump, Viper fan and brakes, battery relocated in bed, caltracs, Alan Short drive shaft loop, B&M Quickshifter, Vortech V-2. SCT tuned.

Status

Yeah, I would pull the injectors and get them flowed/cleaned. Sounds like at least one is hung open.

+ Reply to Thread