+ Reply to Thread

Thread: V6 to 5.9 wiring question

Status

Default V6 to 5.9 wiring question

I was informed that when swapping out my v6 for the 5.9 that I would need to wire in 2 extra o2 sensors on top of the one that is stock on the v6.
    My big questions is....can I fool the pcm by taking the signal wire for the o2 sensors and jumping it to the other signal pins on the pcm?

I did a 3.9 to 5.9 swap.

Easier to find a complete engine harness than to fiddle around with finding 2 injectors.

What year is your truck?

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    I did a 3.9 to 5.9 swap.

Easier to find a complete engine harness than to fiddle around with finding 2 injectors.

What year is your truck?
    Its a 1998 dakota sport 2wd auto.
    I've already wired the two injectors to the harness, I have all the wiring diagrams just don't know if a jumper would be okay for the computer to run.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanmartinchr View Post
    I've already wired the two injectors to the harness, I have all the wiring diagrams just don't know if a jumper would be okay for the computer to run.
    I meant: Would a jumper for the o2 sensors work okay with pcm. I already have the injectors wired to the connector for the pcm and the correct pinout.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanmartinchr View Post
    I meant: Would a jumper for the o2 sensors work okay with pcm. I already have the injectors wired to the connector for the pcm and the correct pinout.

+ Reply to Thread