+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice for tires please

Black trucks only

Status

Exclamation Advice for tires please

Hey guys two of my tires are getting low on tread and the other two are three quarter tread left.
    I keep buying the same brand and oem size tires but would like to find a set that last a little longer if anybody had any suggestions or advice I would appreciate it. The truck is never driven in the winter so an all season is not needed.
    I keep getting the Federal ss595 in oem size because Im poor.
    Does anyone have a different brand/model suggestion? I'd like to keep an oem size because the speedometer would get off if I put a different size tire on wouldn't it?
    Thanks for reading.
    1998 Dodge Dakota RC Black R/T 1 of 74

Only if tire diameter is markedly different. Next up tire size would equate to about a one mph difference. I believe these came through with 28" factory. The Atturo 800-850 tires are some of the least expensive compared to the main brands.

You probably need an alignment and more frequent tire rotations.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Black trucks only

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    You probably need an alignment and more frequent tire rotations.
    When I had bought the truck he had two smaller size on front and two new ones on back so I have been buying in sets of 2 at different times. I don't think this is a big deal but if it was a 4x4 it would be a different story if im not mistaken.

Black trucks only

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    Only if tire diameter is markedly different. Next up tire size would equate to about a one mph difference. I believe these came through with 28" factory. The Atturo 800-850 tires are some of the least expensive compared to the main brands.
    Wouldn't a different size tire make the truck shift differently and the abs sensor light go on ? If not what size would you recommend. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Wouldn't a different size tire make the truck shift differently and the abs sensor light go on ? If not what size would you recommend. Thanks
    Hasn't been my experience. The oem tire size is 255 /55 R17 and would be my first recommendation.

Status

No, I've run 27" tall tires for years on my truck. It shifted fine when I still had the auto, and no ABS light. 275 50 17 is also close to 28 in height, and aren't crazy expensive.

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

Status

cooter- how do you like those federals? I just bought my rt and the previous owner was running 245/45 on it...drives me crazy to see it with these tiny things. id like to run a set of 275/50, but those are twice the price of the 255/55 federals...if I go federals, I can replace the tires now instead of wait!

Black trucks only

Status

The grip really well and I have no complaints other than the rubber is a little soft so they wear quick on the outer edges if you corner fast... I may just end up buying another set of the federals just because of the price

Status

The grip really well and I have no complaints other than the rubber is a little soft so they wear quick on the outer edges if you corner fast... I may just end up buying another set of the federals just because of the price
    I ended up going with the federals and glad I bit the bullet. picked up my set for 345 and noticed just a few days later prices jumped to around 450 per set...im guessing they jumped with fuel prices maybe?

Black trucks only

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I ended up going with the federals and glad I bit the bullet. picked up my set for 345 and noticed just a few days later prices jumped to around 450 per set...im guessing they jumped with fuel prices maybe?
    What is the build date on the tires you got?

Status

What is the build date on the tires you got?
    they should be arriving at the house tomorrow. Ill let you know when they come in

+ Reply to Thread