+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mtx clubcab thunderform

Status

Default Mtx clubcab thunderform

Anyone put some high power subs in it?I got jl audios 10w0's in it now, there only 125rms per sub and i have 600 watts going to them i dont think there going to live long. what else fits that around 300 rms per sub?

Status

I just have the original mtx 10s in there, but the 8ohms dropped down to 4 ohms

Status

Update: The old Jl's only lasted about 3 weeks, about 3-4 hours playtime before they started making fart noises at certain frequencies high volume.
    They still sound ok if the gain is way down but I think there toast for the most part.
    On a whim I bought some blaupunkt GBW101 from walmart.com for under $20 a piece. I figured the pioneer 9605 sub channel wired to 4 ohms on both subs would pretty much blow them within a couple weeks but there still going strong after over 3 months. The sound has tightened up in that time, they still do not sound as good as the jl's did but there definitely louder.
    They barely fit in the thunderform enclosure, I ended up putting a extra thick gasket on them to make sure they were not bottoming. Great budget subs. Oh and I bought the extended warranty on them for an extra $3.

+ Reply to Thread