+ Reply to Thread

Thread: transmission went bang

Status

Default transmission went bang

Okay guys yesterday I was having some fun in the truck did a pretty good launch and about 2 seconds into it the tires stuck and the transmission popped now it won't do anything. It will go into gear but it will not move. I've never really messed with a transmission myself other than just pulling it out and putting it back on but I'm going to take a whack at it. Just trying to get some ideas on the next step. Any thoughts on what may have broke?
    M1 Intake Manifold, MSD ignition, Mopar ECU, 2200 stall converter, Mopar Headers, Custom 3" exhaust, Trans Go Shift kit, SCT and tuned via Hemifever, 42# injectors, Paxton NOVI 2000 Supercharger.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Don't try to drive it anymore since you may only damage more internal parts. Pull it apart and check through it. Then you'll have a better course of action to go with.

Status

you sure its the trans and not the rear? Sounds like it was spinning then hooked, a good way to break an axle. Have someone take a look underneath at the driveshaft when you put it into drive to see if it turns or not.

Status

Yes it is definitely the transmission I was really hoping for it to be the rear end because I was about to re gear anyway. I will be pulling it next weekend we will see what happens I will keep yall posted
    M1 Intake Manifold, MSD ignition, Mopar ECU, 2200 stall converter, Mopar Headers, Custom 3" exhaust, Trans Go Shift kit, SCT and tuned via Hemifever, 42# injectors, Paxton NOVI 2000 Supercharger.

+ Reply to Thread