+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I’ve got a strange problem.....

Status

Default I’ve got a strange problem.....

....and I need your help. I’ve closed the drivers side door and I can’t get it back open. I was working on the door latch itself and didn’t get it back together just right. Now the door is closed and it won’t open. Does anyone know of a way to pry it open or something like that? I’m trying my best not to tear up the door or the jams. I’ve gotton the panel off and can get to the latch, but since its bolted to the door from the jam side I’m kinda out of luck there. Frankly I’m at a loss. Hhhheellllllllllpppppppp!!!

Status

If it was me , I would pull the door panel off the passenger side and and close the latch with the door open and figure out how to open it from inside the door its self..

Status

Yeah, tried that. My issue is the latch is broken in such a way that it can’t be “unlatched” from under the door panel. The only way I can fix it is to open the door, but if I can’t open the door I can’t fix it. It’s a catch 22. I was hoping someone else may have had a similar problem.

Status

I don't know any other way , sorry as a last resort ,pull the interior from where the door meets the strike bar , drill out the mounting bolts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status

I think that if you go to a body shop they can stick a rod through the glass area and open , a friend of mine had that happen on his gmc and that’s how they opened it

+ Reply to Thread