Thread: gen 5 viper wheel modifications and how i made it work.

Threaded View

monypit

Status
    Pro Classifieds

Default gen 5 viper wheel modifications and how i made it work.

So I have been wanting to do this modification since I sold my old wheels to Rick finally have it done just need a good day to get truck out for good pics.
    I went with 2015 sidewinder 2 satin black.

So from what I've read on wheel spacers doesn't hold true to this generation viper. I reacherched and got advice on what guys are running currently use on viper wheels but found out that the 1.25 spacers don't work with the newer style wheels atleast on the fronts.
    I ended up mounting the front wheels strait on with no adapters doesn't rub clears every thing. The offset must have changed or did thru generation.
    For my front set up I have stock springs QA1 adjustable shocks DJM 2" lower control arms and wheels clear. I don't have the lock to lock turning radius as with stock lower control arms.
    So all good for the fronts.
    On the rears thats were some work had to be done. I went with the 1.25 Inch spacers to adapt to the rear wheels found out that they stuck out to far passed tbe flares and was a no go. So i figured I would have them machined down to 3/4" after measuring on how much clerance I would have and 3/4" was max.

Needless to say I had to get longer studs. Mr. Gasket was the only wheel studs I could find with the length I needed with the correct nurel and thread.
    stock stud vs new

After all this the rear wheels fit perfectly just need to test drive and get more pics of final out come.
    Front with no spacing and 295/40r18

rears with out machining and

All put together and the wheel center caps I have gotten made.

As much as I spent it would have cost me about 1k more for CCW and I never seen a dakota run this gen wheel and style.
    I like them much better than I thought I would!
    Last edited by lunchbox; 03-13-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    Brian Akers AKA "Lunchbox"
    2001 CC R/T 408

http://youtu.be/ptIJR7scdBM