+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clutch pedal assembly

Status

Default Clutch pedal assembly

Doin an auto to man conversion. Bought the clutch pedal assembly and all from monsterdak on here. Trying to save some shipping. Point of posting here: do I need the whole assembly with the bracket and all or can I just swap out the thru rod with pedals and install them in my “auto” bracket?

---Under Construction---

Status

You can swap the rods over. I dropped my column down and put the bracket in just to realize I did not need to do it..

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kingst3r View Post
    You can swap the rods over. I dropped my column down and put the bracket in just to realize I did not need to do it..
    good to know!

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

You can just swap the rod and pedals. However, on 01 and newer, get ready to come up with new cuss words. It is a PITA to do. I ended up still almost taking the whole assembly out, just to get the rod in, good luck. Its worth it in the end, but you will ask yourself why you are doing it, while you are doing it, and swear that you will never modify a car or truck again.

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 2dakotas View Post
    You can just swap the rod and pedals. However, on 01 and newer, get ready to come up with new cuss words. It is a PITA to do. I ended up still almost taking the whole assembly out, just to get the rod in, good luck. Its worth it in the end, but you will ask yourself why you are doing it, while you are doing it, and swear that you will never modify a car or truck again.
    Don't scare me like that man, I might just decide to sell it all what makes it worse on an 01+?

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

Awseome. Thanks for verifying tha. Lookin at my bracket and his from the pics. I couldnt see why it would not work like this. Should make shipping easier.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    Don't scare me like that man, I might just decide to sell it all what makes it worse on an 01+?
    It was either the heater box or duct work under the dash that was in the way. It needed about 1 more inch clearance to have slid right in. I've not actually done it on a pre-01, but I haven't heard anyone having trouble like I had, so I assumed it is just the 01+ trucks, since the rest I had seen that did it were pre-01 trucks.

Status

I was looking under the dash of my 03 today since I'm getting ready to start my swap. Not looking forward the pedal swap
    2003 Silver RC: 2.02/1.60 EQs by IMM engines, 218XR cam from hipotek, FRP tune, M1 2bbl, spintech headers w true duals, 1.6 adj rockers, 52mm TB, 2800 stall, lots of other shit.
    2000 White CC: DEAD!!! Zeus M1, Hipotek 53mm TB, Spintech Mids, x-pipe, true duals with Hooker Aerochambers; Mopar Performance ECU; CAI; Belltech Lowering kit.
    2002 Black RC: Long gone
    2005 Black Srt-4: AGP Delta 46 turbo. Sold it and it only took the guy 5 days to total it

2015 HD Dyna Street Bob: V&H Shortshots, FP3, SE Stg 1 Air Cleaner, Progressive lowering shocks.
    2008 HD Nightster: Sadly traded in

Status

This is a fucking pain in the ass....
    2003 Silver RC: 2.02/1.60 EQs by IMM engines, 218XR cam from hipotek, FRP tune, M1 2bbl, spintech headers w true duals, 1.6 adj rockers, 52mm TB, 2800 stall, lots of other shit.
    2000 White CC: DEAD!!! Zeus M1, Hipotek 53mm TB, Spintech Mids, x-pipe, true duals with Hooker Aerochambers; Mopar Performance ECU; CAI; Belltech Lowering kit.
    2002 Black RC: Long gone
    2005 Black Srt-4: AGP Delta 46 turbo. Sold it and it only took the guy 5 days to total it

2015 HD Dyna Street Bob: V&H Shortshots, FP3, SE Stg 1 Air Cleaner, Progressive lowering shocks.
    2008 HD Nightster: Sadly traded in

Status

Quote Originally Posted by moparmadman View Post
    This is a fucking pain in the ass....
    I know, but you have a big smile after it's done. Did you come come up with any new cuss words, or promise you would never modify a vehicle again?

Quote Originally Posted by 2dakotas View Post
    I know, but you have a big smile after it's done. Did you come come up with any new cuss words, or promise you would never modify a vehicle again?
    Correct on all points
    Getting C-clip on to finish was, well awful! Might want to remove drivers seat, will be under there a while and will be much more comfortable! While doing this job you may want to consider weight saving shaft. Made this in garage out of some tubing I got from local Alro metals (sorry don't have dimensions anymore).
    Pedal pivot shaft_sm.jpg

Status

Not a idea with a shaft. Dont really need a solid bar in there.

+ Reply to Thread