+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drivers floor board wet, Where do I check?

Status

Default Drivers floor board wet, Where do I check?

My drivers floor was pretty wet after one of those all day rains. The floor mat wasn't wet and it wasn't wet under the seat or along the door edge. It's not wet after washing the truck by hose which takes about 30 mins. I need to find the source quick because I don't have a garage to keep it in. The carpet is also new but installed in the summer when it hardly rained so I didn't realize it. The door weatherstrip looks good and the firewall main wiring harness grommet has been fixed. Where are other common areas to check?

-Zen-

Status

Not sure if this common to our Daks, but my 3rd tailight developed a leak in my 01 F150 reg cab. It trickles in past the roof liner down the sides. Somehow I actually saw a drip fall from the roof one day and knew it was the 3rd tail light.

Status

It's pretty wet in the center of the floor drivers side. It appears to originate somewhere in the kick panel area because it was wet under the panel. I did see some staining on the upper back corner of my headliner but it was on the passenger side. I couldn't see anywhere water would come in directly on the outside of where the kick panel is. So I don't know where to check.

Status

Update: I had a friend hold the water hose over the roof and let the water run down. It started coming in above the door. Where the door and cab frame close, not the window. We looked at the door weatherstripping and there was a couple of tears, one with a chunk missing. I saw the roof rail weatherstripping was no longer available but the door seals are. The door seals on mine were ok. The roof rail weatherstripping is what had the tears and chunks missing. I had to go to the salvage yard and get another one. I got it off of a 99 too. It look really nice, soft and pliable and no tears or cracks. I came home and installed it. It went on nicely. However, today it rained all day and when I got home the floor was soaked even more. Is there something I'm missing? It seemed to be a straightforward installation of the weatherstripping. Door closes nicely. It's always so hard to stop water leaks when they start to happen. Every one I've ever had on any vehicle I had never been able to stop. Any ideas?

Status

Leaking in RV's is a huge problem. I was just watching a video about pressurizing the inside. Then, spray the seams, doors windows with a soapy mixture that bubbles when air is escaping. I wonder if you could use the heater/defrost to pressurize your cab?
    I found the video doing the leak test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bgcMOe7ShU
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

After I looked it up I was surprised how many were having leaks even when they were only a few years old. Mine just started. I found one source. It was the electrical harness boot that covers between the door and the cowl. It clips into the cowl making a seal. Mine wasn't staying clipped into the cowl. I don't know why, I didn't see any clips broken. I got it pushed in a little tighter but figured it may not seal. So I put some 3M weatherstrip adhesive on the back of it and the cowl. It was running down there flooding the floor. However, now it's coming it above the window somewhere flooding the edge of my seal and the carpet on the side. I had to get another roof rail seal off of another Dakota in the junkyard because you can't get new ones anymore. The one I got look nice and pliable and I also got the door seal off of it. I can't see why it would still be coming in above the window. It appears to all be sealed against the rubber weatherstripping when the door is closed. I see the new door seals are available but the roof rail seal is not. There is also a small door seal on the side of the door that I don't know if it's still available. This seems like it's going to be almost impossible to stop and I don't have a garage to park in and it's new carpet.

+ Reply to Thread