+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Help to get 350 flywheel hp

Default Need Help to get 350 flywheel hp

I'm wanting to get 350 flywheel hp. I think that would get my hp to weight right to a sweet spot where the truck is really fun to drive and yet I can still drive in the occasional snow we get here.

I have a 2001 cc RT.
    What parts I have installed so far are Cai, and cat back exhaust.
    Parts waiting to go on; electric fan, headers, traction bars, custom mid pipe and relocated battery.
    I was thinking those parts in addition to 52mm throttle body , tune and maybe Harland rockers might get me to my goal. What do you guys think?

I like free kittens

Status

350 flywheel hp is simple and yes, you're on the right path
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

My recent build is around the 375 range, maybe a bit more.
    There’s a list of engine parts here somewhere.
    http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...s-and-opinions

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...y-Dakota-build

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Thanks guys. I'm trying to avoid doing the heads (mostly for cost reasons) so I may do everything else (throttle body, pulleys, intake or modified stocker, y pipe, rockers and tune) .

"Bleach Master"

Status

You might get 330hp to flywheel with all the bolt ons, camshaft and not changing heads. In my opinion that is stupid because when you change heads finally you will be replacing the camshaft again and doing other work twice.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

I know from a labor prospective it is definitely counter productive. But from the way my budget is (I'm the single provider now) I don't know when I'll be able to sink all that money to getting heads.

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeDG View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to avoid doing the heads
    Heads and cam is where the magic is. Jus sayin...
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

"Bleach Master"

Status

I know from a labor prospective it is definitely counter productive. But from the way my budget is (I'm the single provider now) I don't know when I'll be able to sink all that money to getting heads.
    Sounds to me like you should not be spending money on the truck at all other than maintenance items till your funds get better.

It's not that there isn't any funding. it's just agreed that this is the allotted amount for go fast projects. The cheapest set of heads that I have seen wee in JEGs for like $500 a piece and I think they were bare at that... A cam might fit the budget.

"Bleach Master"

Status

I'm done arguing with you, good luck with your wasting money....

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    I'm done arguing with you, good luck with your wasting money....
    Sorry, if it seems like I am arguing. Just trying to figure out the best game plan that fits my budget. What do you guys think of the EQ heads from the quick reading I was doing it seems like they make an improvement over stock with options for porting in the future. They are bit more budget conscious too.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Sorry, if it seems like I am arguing. Just trying to figure out the best game plan that fits my budget. What do you guys think of the EQ heads from the quick reading I was doing it seems like they make an improvement over stock with options for porting in the future. They are bit more budget conscious too.
    EQ heads are very good and they are priced better than some of the other head options, you can make very good power with them also when ported.

Maybe that's the way to go then. I can get the EQ heads and do the other bolt ons later since those aren't nearly as much. Can you run the stock springs and valves or is it advised to swap them out at the same time?

"Bleach Master"

Status

Maybe that's the way to go then. I can get the EQ heads and do the other bolt ons later since those aren't nearly as much. Can you run the stock springs and valves or is it advised to swap them out at the same time?
    I would not run stock valves and springs, the stock valves are two piece and known to break with higher lift camshafts. the stock valve springs barely handle stock lift, they damn sure won't handle a higher lift camshaft.

Any recommendations for the additional hardware?

I killed Goose

Status

Any recommendations for the additional hardware?
    Get yourself a set of complete EQ heads from a quality vendor and call it a day.
    http://stores.hi-potek.com/dodge-jee...-steel-valves/

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

M1 or Airgap
    52mm TB or similiar
    Full exhaust
    1.7 rockers
    FRP Airgap/M1 canned flash
    CAI

The above list will get you there. Deviating from the above will only cost you more money.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Status

Check your PMs
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

I have some RHS heads for sale. Check the for sale forum.
    2000 Dakota, 5.9, 6lb Powerdyne, 13.33@106

Those are nice but I don't have the money for them yet. Nor for a few weeks.

*****UPDATE****
    This may not be exciting to everyone but I just received some GO FAST GOODIES and Ordered some others. I have Hughes Air Gap Intake Manifold on order, 1.7 Roller Rockers in my grubby hands, an SCT on Order, WideBand AFG plus a Sniper N.O.S Wet Kit (75,100,125). Plus my Cold Air Intake, Electric Fan, Headers, Traction Bars, and Battery Relocation kit.
    I may have time to start tearing it down and putting back together at the end of this month. I'm hoping with the 125 shot I can see 475 flywheel and maybe get into the mid 13s up here (5200 ft elevation).

Just ordered the JEGS EQ heads. I guess you can say things are getting serious

Just ordered the JEGS EQ heads. I guess you can say things are getting serious
    will you go 1.92 intake valves or 2.02 intake valves . did you ordered the bare heads or complete heads ? Jegs lowered the price to $280 for a bare head .

I went bare for the sale price. What valves do you guys recommend?

I went bare for the sale price. What valves do you guys recommend?
    I think most people recommend 2.02 heads from what i read from the internet . when i am going to buy EQ heads i think i am going with 1.92 intake valve. i think when u want top end power 2.02 is better but for street driving/daily with bolt ons en camshaft /eq heads etc . i think 1.92 one piece is better for torque . i am still debating which way to go also but i think 1.92 is better unless you stroke are supercharged your engine are have future plans with your engine . i have read that you can loose some low end torque with the 2.02 but i dont know for sure because i have stock cracked heads for now .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast