+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How many Dakota RT are Left?

Status
    Blog Entries

Default How many Dakota RT are Left?

I’m wondering .. considering the age of these trucks and wrecks .. part outs .. etc how many are actually left ?

Status

One M I L L I ON.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

Would be interesting to know since I believe there was something like 15,6something made of the 98-04 generation.Not sure about the following 4.7 generation.

"Bleach Master"

Status

more than one but less than a billion
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Black trucks only

Status

I am curious as well. It's weird to think my 98 is 20 years old now. There can't be too many left here in the rust area of the US.
    1998 Dodge Dakota RC Black R/T 1 of 74

R/T Lives Matter

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I am curious as well. It's weird to think my 98 is 20 years old now. There can't be too many left here in the rust area of the US.
    In the last five years i've seen two other ones besides mine in Minnesota.
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

I killed Goose

Status

I only know of one other than mine running around down here. I caught the guy at the gas pump one day (the most likely place to find an R/T) but he didn't understand what the big deal was. Kid just thought he had an old hand me down truck.
    But enough are left that these trucks are not that valuable. More of you need to tin can your shit so the value goes up.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    I only know of one other than mine running around down here. I caught the guy at the gas pump one day (the most likely place to find an R/T) but he didn't understand what the big deal was. Kid just thought he had an old hand me down truck.
    But enough are left that these trucks are not that valuable. More of you need to tin can your shit so the value goes up.
    I'm working on it!

Status

yup 20 years old just out of curiosity when went to pay my insurance on my 2017 rt last week asked about different coverage on my 12000 mile 98 rt since never bin daily driven they said can be covered as a classic {anything over 10 years } just need to bring it by and get pics and figure out an appraisal value but its still five years too young to be a antique vehicle in my state

R/T Lives Matter

Status

Huh, In Minnesota it needs to be 20 years old to be a classic. I did a similar appraisal with mine a couple years ago and they wanted an insane amount of money. Hopefully it works out better for you
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

I see a fair bit of them around here. Having said that, 90% of them are beat to shit, 5% of them are in junkyards and the other 5% are kept in mint condition. The winters and salt up here on the roads just beat the piss out of these trucks.
    1998 RC RT Black

Yup, twenty years in New England with liquid salt sprayed on the roads is definitely taking it's toll on any Dodge truck used as a daily driver. There are some R/T's that are stashed away in the winter time around here that still look good but I have a seen a few in the junk yards that were gone. It's funny to read the old sales brochures where they talk about all the dipping and coating they do to prevent rust and then you see one in the yards that looks like swiss cheese including the entire frame.

I've got right around 163k on mine. I live here in Indiana. Winters are more mild than they used to be but boy are we some salt fiends around here. Mine is still in about as good of shape as a DD can be with those kind of miles. Frame is great, body is good for the most part. Typical rust up behind the headlights and a little paint bubbling inside the bottom part of the door which I plan on getting taken care of this year. Nothing visible from the outside though. I have to say about every other R/T I see from time to time in the wild around here looks pretty damn rough at least compared to mine. I'm the original owner though so that helps.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Remove the wheel flares and see what is left. By time you see it on the outside of the flare, it's too late.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    Remove the wheel flares and see what is left. By time you see it on the outside of the flare, it's too late.
    Behind the flares are fine, the part thats turned to paper are those little areas behind the headlights, the part inside behind the housing, that has literally turned into a potato chip like consistency. I plan on replacing the whole fender on both sides if its bad enough.

Another part of the problem is that when they get sold around here they go for cheap $2k-6k and younger kids get them for a first vehicle. I live outside Calgary in a small town and have seen quite a few highschool kids driving around with them. Those trucks get a working over. Covered in stickers and AutoValue speed parts.

Fuck I sound old

I think I put less than 100km on mine in the past 3 years. Just waiting for a bigger garage before I can start building it.
    1998 RC RT Black

Bleed, are you talking about the very front lower part of the fender right under where the V-8 emblem was placed? The design was not a good one for sure with that little shelf on the inside that just collected water and salt from road splash and then rotted away. Most often around here you will see the lower front edge completely rotted away and if its not when you reach your fingers under the edge the metal/rust just crumbles away.

Status
    Blog Entries

What company appraised it Bowman

Status

Here in Ontario, I have mine insured through Hagerty.
    all they wanted was pictures, the vin, and what ever value I wanted to put on it.
    The premium was then set accordingly.
    I pay $400 CDN for full coverage on it annually.
    I think that is still too much, to have it sit in the garage and just drive it once or twice a summer.
    But I guess that's the price you have to pay for a toy.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

In BC I have one option, the GOV insurance ICBC. $1700 for the year only to put less than 5000kms on it and only drive it to work six days in a month (pleasure use). Next year I might be able to make it collector being 20 years old for $200 for the year but cannot drive it to work ever and capped on how much you can drive it.

I see quite a few around here, most of them turned landscaping beaters or just plain abused. Many come up for sale stating mint condition, misinformation, are very well used and abused, mine is like new. I have only seen one that was actually better than mine and he wants double the book value for it.

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    In BC I have one option, the GOV insurance ICBC. $1700 for the year only to put less than 5000kms on it and only drive it to work six days in a month (pleasure use). Next year I might be able to make it collector being 20 years old for $200 for the year but cannot drive it to work ever and capped on how much you can drive it.

I see quite a few around here, most of them turned landscaping beaters or just plain abused. Many come up for sale stating mint condition, misinformation, are very well used and abused, mine is like new. I have only seen one that was actually better than mine and he wants double the book value for it.
    Christ!! $1700 a year just for pleasure use?! B.C. is brutal when it comes to insurance.
    1998 RC RT Black

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbcvt View Post
    Christ!! $1700 a year just for pleasure use?! B.C. is brutal when it comes to insurance.
    Yup, gotta pay for everyone else that’s a f’up driver here and there’s a couple million of them.

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Status

what makes an RT an RT really though? My dak has a 5.9 and 17s but is not in RT, I think that counts

Heck, any 5.2/5.9 dakota built up is an RT in my book

Quote Originally Posted by spawn_x View Post
    what makes an RT an RT really though?:
    A "Z" as the 8th number in the VIN code.

Sorry had to do it....

Status

Yep....Everything else is poser junk.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast