+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hellcat Dakota

this is insane! congrats! what transmission setups are you guys going with in these high HP builds?

^the old RT.. may she rest in peace

1999 RC R/T black - 408 stroker finally running as of 11-1-18
    2004 350z black w/ nismo package
    2015 ducati panigale 899 - stock for now

Status
    Blog Entries

Default I had the same idea but not the skills

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    Not sure if Greg Snider is a member on here or not but I know his name has popped up here from time to time. I have him on Instagram where he has already done a successful 392 Hemi swap and is currently installing the Hellcat power plant in his Dakota. So far it looks awesome and I can hardly wait to see the finished project.

This link may or may not work https://instagram.com/p/Begb8ZahsJ4/
    My R/t is the 03. Last year for the 5.9. But she’s got 153.900 on her and sat for a long time before I found her. I had no clue that you could get a Dakota with a V-8. Naturally, because of the miles I’m looking at what comes next. This engine is past it prime as is. This one will have to be pulled and rebuilt or a 392 installed. I’m near Lakeland Florida and hardly know anyone. And I definitely don’t know any real muscle car guys. If anyone can point me in a direction I sure would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Facesturbo View Post
    My R/t is the 03. Last year for the 5.9. But she’s got 153.900 on her and sat for a long time before I found her. I had no clue that you could get a Dakota with a V-8. Naturally, because of the miles I’m looking at what comes next. This engine is past it prime as is. This one will have to be pulled and rebuilt or a 392 installed. I’m near Lakeland Florida and hardly know anyone. And I definitely don’t know any real muscle car guys. If anyone can point me in a direction I sure would appreciate it.
    How much do you want to spend? There’s going to be more to it than just rebuilding the stock 5.9 if it’s been sitting for a long time. HEMI swap will be a lot more involved. Will you be doing the hands on work or are you gonna farm it out?

https://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/P...Dak.html#head6

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Status

The 5.2/5.9 motors can go a long way on the bottom end if taken care of. The heads can have issues with cracks between the valves. That said, If she runs pretty good and you want to drive it... go for it. If you want to follow the K.I.S.S. moto snag a another used 5.9 and start the rebuild process on it. It can take months to collect the parts you want and get the block/crank thru a machine shop.Buy some EQ heads and have them setup fresh to compliment the cam you go with. Welcome to the forum!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

Check out the FTI performance trans it's a 2 speed but can be made for any HP and comes with Chrysler bell housing, I'm switching soon as my TCI 727 explodes Because really if you can afford 2000 HP a 6000.$ trans is nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3