+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snap on mt2500 scan

Default Snap on mt2500 scan

hello

is it correct that you can set fuel sync with the snap on mt 2500 scantool on our trucks . i know the chrysler tool and the snap on solar can do this but i have read somewhere that the snap on mt 2500 can do that also and they are around $300 used .

Thanks

Black Pearl

Status

Correct. I believe our daks use key 13. Perhaps someone can chime in to verify.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Correct. I believe our daks use key 13. Perhaps someone can chime in to verify.
    Thank you very much if i can set my fuel sync myself i can purchased a 210xp camshaft in the near future from hipotek . so when i purchase the scantool it need key 13 for our trucks ? the prices varies between $200/300 on ebay for a full set wit keys cassette and cables .i think it is well worth it
    Thanks

Supporting Vendor

Status

Thank you very much if i can set my fuel sync myself i can purchased a 210xp camshaft in the near future from hipotek . so when i purchase the scantool it need key 13 for our trucks ? the prices varies between $200/300 on ebay for a full set wit keys cassette and cables .i think it is well worth it
    Thanks
    The K-13A is the key you want. I had trouble with the K-13 key so Snap On recommended the K-13A key and it worked without any problem. A few years ago I purchased the K-13A key directly from Snap On.

Those MT2500's have come down in price quite a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    The K-13A is the key you want. I had trouble with the K-13 key so Snap On recommended the K-13A key and it worked without any problem. A few years ago I purchased the K-13A key directly from Snap On.

Those MT2500's have come down in price quite a bit now.
    Thank you really appreciate the help i have look it up and K-13A cost used around $10/20 in mint condition on ebay . i need this tool for when i am going to do a camshaft swap (hipotek210xp) in the near future and from what i understand you need to set fuel sync and i dont know nobody/garage in my area that has a scan tool that can set my fuel sync and with this tool i can do it myself. Thanks

Accumulating parts...

Status

K13A works on my '00 and '01, my buddy needed the K24(?) I beleive for his '03 to work with my scanner.
    I also got one with updated cartridges for up to '09 and a big ring of keys. Of course the K13A wasn't working so I ordered a new one and it worked great. Just check it out when you get it instead of waiting for when you need it after cam swap
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    K13A works on my '00 and '01, my buddy needed the K24(?) I beleive for his '03 to work with my scanner.
    I also got one with updated cartridges for up to '09 and a big ring of keys. Of course the K13A wasn't working so I ordered a new one and it worked great. Just check it out when you get it instead of waiting for when you need it after cam swap
    Thanks for the information once i got it i will check it all out before the cam swap . my durango is from 1999 will key 13A also work for a 1999 model year or do i need a different key ?

Accumulating parts...

Status

I'd assume it was the same but not sure. When we plugged it into my buddies, it told us what key was needed to continue.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

I'd assume it was the same but not sure. When we plugged it into my buddies, it told us what key was needed to continue.
    I will purchase both keys 13A and key K24 and i will check it out like you told me on my truck . Thank you for your help

Accumulating parts...

Status

Wait on the 24... it was an expensive key ($40) the 13's are far cheaper and I really think that will work for you. I just shipped my MT2500 to a buddy in San Diego. His R/T is a '99 so I can give you some feedback!
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Wait on the 24... it was an expensive key ($40) the 13's are far cheaper and I really think that will work for you. I just shipped my MT2500 to a buddy in San Diego. His R/T is a '99 so I can give you some feedback!
    Ok , that would be great to get some feedback from you and it would save me some money Thank you

Accumulating parts...

Status

Key 13a worked for his 99.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Key 13a worked for his 99.
    Thank you for the fast reply

It was the K-25. Not K-24.

Yes, it was expensive and hard to find.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Status
    Blog Entries

Snap on scanner shows backwards on [SYNC] + is actually - ..

Status

You realize all it controls is the timing of the injectors right ? It has nothing to do with “engine “ Timing

+ Reply to Thread