+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil catch can (4.7)

Default Oil catch can (4.7)

Life has had me MIA for awhile, fighting back ;-)
    Have finally gotten some work done on the Dakota again although much slower than anticipated.
    One thing done is oil catch can/PCV, I believed 4.7 breathers are offset enough that no oil ever got sucked into intake. Changed PCV system around and obviously working better and now have noticed some oil in intake. Running the M/E Wagner adjustable PCV valve and connected back into the intake vs the exhaust scavenge 1 way/valves. Did a lot of research on catch can placement (high/low, forward/back, etc), this is what I ended up doing. Thoughts, theories, ideas welcome.
    Ebay can modified

oil catch can modded-02sm.jpg
    Installed
    oil catch can modded-03sm.jpg

"Bleach Master"

Status

I like it, might be a good idea to add some steel wool inside the can to catch atomized oil droplets, the oil will stick to the steel wool and fall down into the catch can when sitting not running.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Thanks Chad!
    That was another thing I struggled with. With it connected to the intake, just couldn't bring myself to add small pieces of steel to it, lol. That is why I fabricated the 2nd baffle plate, made it convex on top and at a lower level. Thought about putting in the plastic scrubby mesh as well instead of the steel wool. Still think steel wool over plastic? If so what size?

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJoe62 View Post
    Thanks Chad!
    That was another thing I struggled with. With it connected to the intake, just couldn't bring myself to add small pieces of steel to it, lol. That is why I fabricated the 2nd baffle plate, made it convex on top and at a lower level. Thought about putting in the plastic scrubby mesh as well instead of the steel wool. Still think steel wool over plastic? If so what size?
    I would use a coarse steel wool, the plastic I would be afraid of deterioration over time.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

+ Reply to Thread