+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with new setup

Status

Default Issues with new setup

Having some issues with my new setup and I really need some help from you guys (setup details are at the bottom).

My issue:
    Truck starts and runs for a couple seconds at around 1800rpm, then at around 1200rpm for a second or two, then it dies. The cycle will repeat until I’m blue in the face. The only way I can keep it running is if I keep my foot on the throttle after I start it, but as soon as I let off the throttle, it dies. The hell of it is, the truck only does this with my latest updated tune. If I run the tune for my old setup, I can get the truck to at least start and stay running, it’s just not pretty.

Now that it’s cold and only 20deg outside.....I can’t get the truck to run whatsoever with the new tune. But if screw with everything, it does at least run with the old tune as I stated above.

What I have tried/checked:
    - I’m getting plenty of fuel, and the plugs are wet and you can smell gas during this process
    -I’m getting lots of spark, I even pulled the plug and grounded it, bright white spark.
    -Played with fuel sync like a MF, I have tried everything from -10deg right through around +20.
    -Battery voltage is at 12.5v
    -Brand new IAC valve
    -Brand new coil
    -I checked my distributor cap and rotor as well as plug wires, look great and they only have a couple thousand miles on them.
    -plugs are in good shape, only a few seasons on those
    -Adjusted the TB idle stop set screw a lot and had success with the old tune getting it run when opened up the stop position some.

Setup details:
    2001 Dakota RT, manual tranny swap, 110lsa cam(224/230@.050, .536/.544) eq heads, m1, full exhaust, bunch of bolt on’s, etc..... My old setup was the same as above except it had a more mild 114lsa cam with only .506 lift.

Any help is really appreciated! I’ve about reached my breaking point on this.
    01' RC Dakota 5.9L R/T - TKO 600 - 1st ever 01+ Manual Tranny Conversion w/ NO CEL - SOLD
    98' Durango 5.2L 4x4 - T/S Lift with 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's - SOLD
    If it aint broke, fix it till it is!

Enough Show, Need More Go

Status

Is there a possible security issue between tunes for some reason? What’s the tuner say about this? Have you hooked it up to a scan tool and read some live data?
    1998 Silver RC SLT - Hughes 2.02 Heads, Mopar M1 4bbl Intake, Mopar 4bbl TB, 230/236 .515/.515 on a 110, 1.6 Roller Rockers, 4.10's, Spintech Headers, 3" Duals, X Pipe, Chambered Mufflers, 4/4 Drop, 727 Full Manual w/Transbrake, PTC 4500 Stall

12.90 at 104mph

Status

That’s what I was thinking at first also, some wierd security issue. Ryan turned off skim and the issue continued. Fortunately, I found a couple things wrong: the cam position sensor had frayed wires so I’m thinking that’s what got me into this mess in the first place, and my fuel sync was so far out in the weeds after I messed with it I think that’s what was causing my flooding issue. Only thing I think could have caused that is my latest cam change, the distributor gear must have been off a tooth. Anyways, she lives and is staying running on the latest tune! I think I’m out of the woods finally, thanks for weighing in Kyle!
    01' RC Dakota 5.9L R/T - TKO 600 - 1st ever 01+ Manual Tranny Conversion w/ NO CEL - SOLD
    98' Durango 5.2L 4x4 - T/S Lift with 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's - SOLD
    If it aint broke, fix it till it is!

+ Reply to Thread