+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help please !

Default Need help please !

hello

I drove my truck to the service station today for unleaded fuel but when i drove away my truck idles at 400 rpm instead of 600 rpm and it stutters and when i hit the pedal it drives good but at idle it almost want to quit . i thougt the guy at the service has put diesel in my truck so i called them and they look at the security tape and told my they put in unleaded fuel . i also can smell the gasoline fume whet i start the vehicle . also when i start my truck it pulls a lot of vacuum from the airfilter and my engine almost want to stall . i also put my scan tool on it and it say that one o2 sensor p0135 . is bad . i have put another ignition coil on the truck and it still does the same i also put in another new pcv valve and still the same i also have new spark plugs . distributor cap and ignition wires are also ok . what else can i check camshaft sensor crankshaft sensor or tps iac or mapsensor . Also when i hit the gas you here it shoot like a ak-47 i think that is called a misfire . my truck is my daily driver and i really could use some advice maybe i can fix it before monday for my work . i also read my haynes trouble shooting . could it be fuel pump. the fuel pump pressure needs to be 45 psi is this correct ? it all started when i drove away from the service station . i do have a spare 5.2 magnum with all the sensors but i dont have a spare fuel pump.

Many thanks in advance

Status

I just saw where you are living! Where can you find an O2 sensor? Try to get an NTK or Walker if available.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

did you replace the o2 sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    I just saw where you are living! Where can you find an O2 sensor? Try to get an NTK or Walker if available.
    Thank you the only way to purchased an o2 sensor is from the usa . code p0135 just came in recently because i usually scan my truck every week for codes . could an o2 sensor cause that much troubles because i also had another durango with both o2 sensors bad . but i drove that truck for 2 years because i did not know about the 02 sensors . but you could smell the fuel outside .Is there a way that i can run my truck for a few weeks because it takes usually 3/4 weeks before i received my parts if i order it from the usa
    check engine light is also off .

Also i have the afe cold air intake but normally it is very quiet but now it really makes noise and you also hear a noise from the intake (m1) i did check the intake bolts and tb bolts but all is torque to factory specs . my truck misfires also . i will order 2 new oem o2 sensors in a few days but is there anything i can check maybe . many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    did you replace the o2 sensor?
    Thanks ,No i did not change the 02 sensor yet, i am going to order 2 new oem in a few days but is there anything else i can check maybe. because i will take a few weeks before i get new o2 sensors because i have to order it from the USA . Any advice is appreciate . also my cat could not be clogged i think because i also have a new direct replacement magnaflow cat on my truck .can an o2 sensor cause the truck to misfire and stutter and all that strange noise that is coming from the Cai and my M1 .The sound is like Bog bog quissssssssssssssssss like a real loud vacuum leak .
    Last edited by mopar5.9; 11-25-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo

i have check everything again step by step and i think i had ignition wires 6 and 8 switches from the passenger bank i have rerouted everything again and now my truck is running at idle even better than before . shame on me damn 3/4 months ago i put my 5.9 and 46re back in my truck i did'nt double check the wires so i was driving for 3/4 months with the wire switched . is it possible that ignition wires 6 and 8 could cause all the problems because they where switched .many thanks

i just went to drive my truck and it drives better but it still stutter and hesitate. it idles much better between 600/700 rpm i have googled about the o2 sensors to purchased them both but which brand o2 is the best for our trucks NTK Walker or denso or do i have to order it from a mopar dealer . i read that many o2 sensors work not good on our trucks . i also read that it could be the coolant sensor . i have champions spark plugs in my engine they have around 2000 miles on them rc12lc4. maybe they went bad. p0135 is that the y- pipe sensor or the cat sensor for a 1999. Is it maybe possible to clean it so i can solve the problem until i get my new ones . tomorrow i wil test my fuel pump pressure on the fuel rail test port . i also think that the o2 sensor is the problem but i wish i could drive my truck still to work

Status

It's good you found the crossed plug wires. I would say that #6 & #8 plugs are probably fouled as well as the O2 sensor in that side. Put new plugs in 6 & 8 (if you can get them) If not try the ol' propane torch trick. Heat up the plugs as hot as you can get them to burn the fouled fuel off of them. I have never done that with O2, but I think I would try the procedure on it too, since you have to wait.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    It's good you found the crossed plug wires. I would say that #6 & #8 plugs are probably fouled as well as the O2 sensor in that side. Put new plugs in 6 & 8 (if you can get them) If not try the ol' propane torch trick. Heat up the plugs as hot as you can get them to burn the fouled fuel off of them. I have never done that with O2, but I think I would try the procedure on it too, since you have to wait.
    Thank you , I do have a set of spark plugs from autolite #5224 but they have 5000 miles on them . I will replaced the spark plugs with the autolite #5224. I also have a small torch and the special tool to remove the o2 sensor . i am going to use my torch for the o2 sensor like you said . thanks again i really appreciate the help

I have replaced all the spark plugs but the spark plug in cylinder #3 broke in half but i was able to removed it . i also used a torch for the o2 sensor . I am going to order the 02 sensors asap. for only 2000 miles the spark plugs i removed did'nt look good in my opinion (champions rc12lc4 ) the truck idles very good now but i did'nt testdrive it yet because it was raining hard . tonight i will test drive the truck . I really appreciate the help Thanks

+ Reply to Thread