+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just another random white guy in chicagoland

Default just another random white guy in chicagoland

Hey guys, I've been snooping around here for a while and finally decided to join. when I was younger my brother owned a 97 5.2 dakota and that is what got me into these trucks. I've had this 95 and sold it and purchased it back after the guy hydrolocked the motor and it sat for a while.

It was an origional v8 sport truck, no options stripper model. I've put a fresh 360 in with comp cam, double roller, hardend pushrods, hv oil pump, full exhaust with Mopar/ Thorley tri-y's and it also has a Detroit locker and 4.11's with cal tracks now.

Future plans include M1, 1.7 rockers, and a fast efi setup maybe. Once I get a house I will tig up a turbo kit otherwise it will remain a bolt on truck...or a z code blower setup who knows, I always mentally masterbate on where the truck will go setup wise and change my mind.

I modified some ebay specials with 2.5 v bands and sold them for the nos tri-y's i scored off ebay since they have larger primaries.

then got my goodies

I was renting a house for a while and took advantage of the garage to rebuild the front suspension with prothane bushings and moog parts and redo the entire brake system.

I also have a shaker hood project that I'm working on when I have time, otherwise I just drive the wheels off the truck and do burnouts all the time like a little kid.

I don't know how to embed video's well so here is a link to me leaving a buddy's house after Dream Cruise weekend in Detroit area last week.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWppcyuz8c&list=UUvrXn1wi2eKEXZp82Ys0ypQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWppcyuz8c&list=UUvrXn1wi2eKEXZp82Ys0ypQ[/ame]

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Looking good, I like the Gen 2s. They clean up really well.

DRTC #1064

Status

I miss my 96' 5.2 5 speed. It was so much faster than my R/T. Lighter and fun to drive. It didn't handle near as well as the R/T but still miss it!

Thanks guys, I just wish I was obd2 so I could tune it. I'm used to just plugging in the HP Tuners to the gm cars I've had and do whatever...but I can't complain the truck is fun to drive and I actually averaged 16mpg on the trip to dream cruise which surprised the hell out of me. I'd love to have a manual trans but the auto does just fine.

Nice work! You were at the Dreamcruise & did not come to see us in Pontiac??

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

Rick- I drove through Pontiac from Waterford cruised down woodward till roughly 14 mile. Then walked around for a few hours and once it was getting closer to 9pm headed back to the truck and went back to Pontiac and not much was going on due to the rain. I did see something mentioned about the paint building, but didn't see a group of dakota's so I kept driving.

This year I brought a friend with that has never gone so we parked and walked most of the day. How many trucks were there?

Nice truck buddy!

"The Dakota" 1995 RC Dakota 5.9 NV3500 Just hauls ass

"The Dinggo" 5.2 Hauls the family

Status

Welcome!
    From another square body owner

Quote Originally Posted by jucnbst View Post
    Rick- I drove through Pontiac from Waterford cruised down woodward till roughly 14 mile. Then walked around for a few hours and once it was getting closer to 9pm headed back to the truck and went back to Pontiac and not much was going on due to the rain. I did see something mentioned about the paint building, but didn't see a group of dakota's so I kept driving.

This year I brought a friend with that has never gone so we parked and walked most of the day. How many trucks were there?
    Maybe 8 R/T's, had some Durangos and some classics, plus some daily drivers as well. Plan on stopping next year!

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

I will more than likely be back next year. So I'll pay attention to the boards more when time comes.

Y2krtaf- i like that red gen 2. All i see is white , green, and blue extended cab gen 2's by me.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jucnbst View Post
    Y2krtaf- i like that red gen 2. All i see is white , green, and blue extended cab gen 2's by me.
    Thanks,the sun hasn’t been to kind to the paint,but hoping to take care of that issue soon enough.
    Single cab V-8’s are hard to come by for sure.Mines currently sitting at 220,000 on the 318,but she still purrs along.

I'll take sun beaten paint over salted winter roads anytime....you can't see it in pbotos but i n3ed lower rockers on the cab and fenders. The bed is in great shape minus a few dents.

Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome man.

Damn man I want a nice square dak

665 hp 730 tq no meth
    FOXHOLE RACING
    2005 srt10 rc forged motor, roe supercharger, roe throttle body, custom jmb/Volant cai, meth injection, jtsvp coil packs, tony's venom series wires, belanger longtube headers no cats magnaflow muffler, b&m shifter, 69lb injectors, twin pump fuel system, ati super damper, caltracs, xmetal lowering kit, m&h slicks, tuned with sct

Status
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Chicago"Blacksheep" 2001-

Status

Welcome from Naperville!

2006 Black Charger SRT8- Cam'ed and tons of suspenson/drivetrain mods for Autocross/Road racing
    2008 Caliber SRT4- Daily Driver
    2000 Black CC Dakota R/T & 1999 Black RC Dakota R/T- sold!
    autoX vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGBII3NIFc / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcDLPdlsxPg / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKoTy-VEw2k

Random update, primed the oil pump since truck sat for a long time without being ran, fired up with new battery. I'm going to be pulling the 5.9/46rh ecm/harness and sell it. I've also got a new M1 4bbl intake and new mopar 4 bbl throttle body I'll be selling off as well. It's cold and I'll be starting school/working full time but I'll be pulling my Doug Thorley tri-y headers and selling them when I pull the motor/trans. At that point I'll be doing new brake lines and running -8an feed and using my -6 as my return for the new combo with a single 450L/hr pump. It will be a while before I get it together but I've had the itch to start working on the truck since my wedding is done and majority of the household projects are done.
    5.9 swapped, cam, Thorley's, Detroit locker, 4.11's, Cal-tracs, E-fan

M1 4bbl? Get ready to be a popular guy.
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

5.9 swapped, cam, Thorley's, Detroit locker, 4.11's, Cal-tracs, E-fan

+ Reply to Thread