+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 02 Durango 5.9 motor into a 98 3.9l dakota sport??? Any help appreciated

Status

Default 02 Durango 5.9 motor into a 98 3.9l dakota sport??? Any help appreciated

So I bought a motor out of an 02 dodge Durango with the 5.9l motor in it, got the computer and half of the wiring harness(got cut going to the firewall). I was planning on cramming it into my 98 dodge dakota sport that currently has the 3.9l v6 in it.

What I'm asking for is what all is going to be needed such as parts, knowledge and tools?

The only thing I've done is stripped down the 5.9l to check out the used motor. Cylinders walls seem fine, turns over easily, and nothing internally is missing.

We pulled off the heads and intake to clean everything as good as we can at the house (don't wanna overpay a machine shop.) Didn't plan on boring it or anything for right now just to see if the motor is okay. I have my v6 wiring harness hooked up with the two missing injector positive wires since all injectors have a common ground. I have the seal kit for the motor just needs some small things here and there.

Will I need to change computer/ get a reflash?
    Will my harness run fine with just adding in the 2 injectors or is more wiring needed?
    Will the motor hook directly up to the stock automatic transmission?
    What other things will come to worry?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jordanmartinchr; 10-30-2017 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Mispell

+ Reply to Thread