+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a 360 short block

Default Looking for a 360 short block

Looking for an already rebuilt short block. This is my daily driver so I don't have time to pull and rebuild mine. I already have all the top end parts. EQ heads, hughes intake, 218-226 cam, 1.6 rollers etc. Stock is fine, or a mild build. Looking for suggestions on where to look for a good one. Thanks.

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

how about rock auto ?
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    how about rock auto ?
    Found some long blocks from around 2k. Didn't see any short blocks.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ong+block,5240

I like free kittens

Status

You can probably get a better bang for your buck if you buy a motor and rebuild it yourself vs buying one from someone else.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

I have given that a thought. That's probably what I'll do if I can't find one already done. The old truck is still running good. But with 330,000 plus miles, I need to get this done.

Status

summit or blueprint

Status

To bad you weren't closer.
    I have a standard bore short block sitting here that just needs a hone and crank polish, then new ring and bearings.
    Then you would be good to go.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

I've got a 1998 5.9 built and ready to go. Hughes cam with EQ heads. Stock pistons (run out was fine on block), new rings...crank is .010/.010. Stock rods. New oil pump, timing chain, etc.

Can buy just the SB - I'll sell the EQ heads separate...let me know. You can talk to the engine builder if you would like to - he's a Dakotart.com guy. Bought my 2001 from him last weekend. Motor was for a different project that I had to make a change on.

The cam is Hughes: SER0814ML-14 SB HYD RLR CAM 208/214 -114ºLSA REGRIND

5.9 built.jpg
    Last edited by ShelDak; 11-07-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    2001 Dakota R/T, Standard Cab...the Rat Roaster!

Hey Chase 1500 - I;m not sure if the PMs are actually working. I sent 3 - so I figured I'd post here.

SB is $1500. It's already assembled and can be ready to ship in a few days. Includes Hughes cam. Can provide receipts also.
    2001 Dakota R/T, Standard Cab...the Rat Roaster!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelDak View Post
    Hey Chase 1500 - I;m not sure if the PMs are actually working. I sent 3 - so I figured I'd post here.

SB is $1500. It's already assembled and can be ready to ship in a few days. Includes Hughes cam. Can provide receipts also.
    Got the pm. thanks. Thinking about it.

I know summit and mabbcomotors have them.

Status

Damn that’s a deal. If he doesn’t take I might.

+ Reply to Thread