+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY Alignment INCLUDING Caster

Status

Default DIY Alignment INCLUDING Caster

Have any of you guys has any luck adjusting your caster as well as camber? I cannot for the life of me find a tool to measure it that is not over ~$150. Not looking to spend that kind of money to align my truck once.

Alignment shops are useless as I've already brought my truck to three and all three REFUSED to touch the control arm bolts because they are idiots.

I rebuilt my whole front end a while ago and eyeballed the camber but after having an alignment (of just the toe) the paper they gave me shows me both my casters are quite a bit off.

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

You could probably get it set at the dealership for half of that.

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

It is sad that most alignment shops only know toe and go,but keep shopping around.Some still know how to actually do their job....

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    You could probably get it set at the dealership for half of that.
    Problem with that is I want the Hotchkis specs and I doubt the dealer would do it to anything other than OEM specs. But I will see if the stealership up the street will do it

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by xjsc16x View Post
    Problem with that is I want the Hotchkis specs and I doubt the dealer would do it to anything other than OEM specs. But I will see if the stealership up the street will do it
    I look my racecar into the dealership, they aligned it to what I wanted, you could always call the service department and ask?

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by xjsc16x View Post
    Have any of you guys has any luck adjusting your caster as well as camber? I cannot for the life of me find a tool to measure it that is not over ~$150. Not looking to spend that kind of money to align my truck once.

Alignment shops are useless as I've already brought my truck to three and all three REFUSED to touch the control arm bolts because they are idiots.

I rebuilt my whole front end a while ago and eyeballed the camber but after having an alignment (of just the toe) the paper they gave me shows me both my casters are quite a bit off.
    I read through this... http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-...ignment-guide/
    might try something like this myself. Wasn't too please with my last alignment job either :-/
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

+ Reply to Thread