+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 99 dakota r/t prebuild

Default 99 dakota r/t prebuild

Ok so here we go. First of all hey everyone I'm excited to bring to you my pictures of my street/strip build, very small steps so far but I'm a cnc machinist by trade and that took up a lot of my time these past couple of months. Luckily I'll have some time coming up and hope to have my truck done and where I want it to be by the time winter is over here in Pennsylvania.
    Haven't ordered anything yet still deciding buying used or just all new stuff so this is the quick overview of what I want to get done before the end of November.
    - suspension
    -exhaust
    - decided to stay with stock rims so I can put more into tires. Radials is what I'm hoping to run.
    After all that is where I want it (hopefully by the end of november) I'm gonna get it back in the garage and pull the engine and trans. I have experience building a 302 so obsivouly this will be a new experience.
    -Budget is 17k, goal is a truck I can drive or trailer to the track (drag strip) haven't decided on staying N/A or some type of power adder but I do know I want a setup towards lower e.t not higher mph.
    -I'll take pictures and be sure to keep everyone updated as much as possible any help or advice is always appreciated also.

[/IMG]
    [/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    Between the two smaller bolts on the transmission there's a small gap is that normal for these trucks?[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I killed Goose

Status

Very nice. Good luck with everything

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

Between the two smaller bolts on the transmission there's a small gap is that normal for these trucks?

Looks like the dust cover for the torque converter/flexplate. Doesnt look abnormal to me. Mine looks about the same.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TC-RT View Post
    Between the two smaller bolts on the transmission there's a small gap is that normal for these trucks?

Looks like the dust cover for the torque converter/flexplate. Doesnt look abnormal to me. Mine looks about the same.
    yes
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Quote Originally Posted by TC-RT View Post

Ok thanks, had some fluid around it and wasn't sure about it

SpoR/T driver

Status

17k can get you one hell of a hemi swap.

'98 RC/SB - Hellcat/6 Speed Swapped
    10.18@139.8mph
    '00 AF RC R/T Under Construction!
    '01 IB RC R/T Under Construction!
    '99 SY CC R/T Sold
    '00 AF RC R/T Sold
    DRTC Member #1181

Quote Originally Posted by BlakDak71 View Post
    17k can get you one hell of a hemi swap.
    To late lol, just bought about everything I need for this engine. When it all gets here I'll have pictures of it all. Still need to get the exhaust and suspension done and order tires

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

N/a is too expensive
    Build a solid motor, then turbo

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

I'll hopefully post pictures of where I'm at tomorrow but in the mean time does anyone know of a gasket set with everything I would need? Or should I just buy it all separate? I saw a sealed power gasket kit and saw people say the head gaskets are fel pros but nothing other than that, no specifics. Any help is appreciated

Got everything for the engine and trans minus gaskets and fluids , haven't ordered any suspension stuff yet because of black friday coming up and need to get a labtop for tuning

Black Pearl

Status

Looks like you got all the right pieces. Git-R-Done
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1999dakota View Post
    Got everything for the engine and trans minus gaskets and fluids , haven't ordered any suspension stuff yet because of black friday coming up and need to get a labtop for tuning
    Regarding the tuning, unless you go stand alone or "know a guy", tuning is only available from a couple of guys. FRP or Marty Fletcher. Many (including me soon) go with FRP.

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Regarding the tuning, unless you go stand alone or "know a guy", tuning is only available from a couple of guys. FRP or Marty Fletcher. Many (including me soon) go with FRP.
    Well I have the sct,pro racer software and ecm that's suppose to already have 2 tunes already on it but I won't know until I hook it all up.
    Last edited by 1999dakota; 11-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Well I have the sct,pro racer software and ecm that's suppose to already have 2 tunes already on it but I won't know until I hook it all up.
    Every tune is different because every setup is different, the existing tunes will most definitely have no positive effect on how it runs.

The Sealed Power gasket sets are good.

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    Every tune is different because every setup is different, the existing tunes will most definitely have no positive effect on how it runs.

The Sealed Power gasket sets are good.
    Do you know what the head gaskets are by chance? I've just found that they are felpro and that's it. I'm hoping someone knows if they are felpro 1008's

Black Pearl

Status

I've just found that they are felpro and that's it. I'm hoping someone knows if they are felpro 1008's
    Felpro 1008's will have a bore dia of 4.180 and a uncompressed fire ring thickness of about .048
    Last edited by ScojoDak; 11-20-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo

Status

Compressed .039.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Hey everything is forsale minus the truck. I'm apart of making a component for power steering on the new tractor trailers that have autonomous steering so that's my new life for probably the next couple of months and I won't get around to the truck so I don't want it all to go to waste. Let me know what you want.

Spintech mids with port plates and bolts, full exhaust exits in front of passenger rear wheel.

4 17x9 rims off a dakota only 1 that's not perfect

Rt heads 2.02
    Cam xr265hr14
    (Roller Lifters,chain & pushrods)
    Rockers 1.6
    M1 with 53 mm tb
    And billet rails
    Pact trans and 2800 stall converter
    Sct pro software handheld and the linked ecm
    Arp head studs

Please if you can find a way to pick up that's going to be easiest for me and my schedule. I'm located in New Oxford Pennsylvania
    If you want everything I'll let it all go for $3,000.
    Thats $1500 less than what i paid for everything.

+ Reply to Thread