+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What kind of coating will look factory and not burn away on exhaust manifolds?

Status

Default What kind of coating will look factory and not burn away on exhaust manifolds?

I'm trying to get my underhood detailed to as clean as possible and the exhaust manifolds are the biggest problem. Some of it is covered by the factory heat shield but what is exposed has surface rust. I don't even know if it's a good idea to try and swap them because I'm sure the bolts will snap. I saw there are new aftermarkets but it appears they have and EGR pipe flange on it which there is no EGR on here. So if I was going to do it I would get another set and have them coated. I've tried the ultimate high heat ceramic paints for exhaust on my 73 Charger exhaust manifolds and although they don't look this bad. But I don't drive it much but I know it gets a whole lot hotter under the hood of my Charger than my Dakota. Is powder coating even going to hold up on the manifolds? Most importantly do all the bolts snap off easily when trying to change them?

I like free kittens

Status

powder coat "melts" at like 400 degrees. exhaust runs as hot as 1300 degrees.

ceramic coating is the only real way to go. not paint, not powder. and use a real ceramic coat done by a professional, not the spray bomb crap from autozone.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

"Bleach Master"

Status

ceramic coating but waste of time in my opinion.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

"Bleach Master"

Status

Spintech mids FTW!

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Spintech mids FTW!
    ceramic coated, of course
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    ceramic coated, of course
    Of course, my first post was about coating exhaust manifolds, not ceramic coating in general.

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Of course, my first post was about coating exhaust manifolds, not ceramic coating in general.
    I meant the spintechs, they're too nice not to have coated 1st. Mine have been silver 2x I had them done. Last time though, I got them done in a rough finish black, and they look so much nicer
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

+ Reply to Thread