+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 03/04 Front Brake Conversion

Always Annoyed

Status

Default 03/04 Front Brake Conversion

I'm in the process of doing the 03/04 Front Brake Conversion with spindles sourced from a local junk yard and all new rotors, fully loaded calipers (caliper, bracket & hardware), brake lines, ball joints, hubs, tie rods, sway bar end links, etc. from RockAuto. Only thing I don't have is the bolts to mount the caliper bracket to the spindle. The junk yard didn't throw those in with the spindles I bought from them and they weren't included with the complete caliper package I got from RockAuto. My question is what size (thread/pitch and length) are these bolts?
    Paul
    Dearborn Heights, MI

14mm x 2.0 Sorry don't recall the length.

Always Annoyed

Status

Thanks, I'll just grab a couple different lengths and will find the one that works.
    Paul
    Dearborn Heights, MI

M14 x 2.0 x 35mm

I bought and used these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-M14-2-0x3.../261308392606?

Sorry for replying to a semi-old thread, I'm sure you found your bolt but replying for people who find this thread by searching.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/UBP84509

03 rangos used the same spindles as 03/04 daks so it should be the same mounting bolt AFAIK. I used these which NAPA lists for 03 rangos. They were a tad too long and hit the rotor so I ground off the flat part at the end and then they worked fine.

Says those are 2.33" (around 60mm) which is 25mm longer than stock. M14 x 2.0 x 35mm is the correct length - I bought an OEM one for ~6 bucks and measured it, then went on ebay and bought the 10.9 ones I linked to (10 for 17.50).... only needed 3 more but figured I would take the 7 spares for the same price.

Always Annoyed

Status

I bought 35mm and they worked out perfectly. Just finished the swap along with replacing all the control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rods, sway bar end links, coil springs and shocks. Did a brake bleed last night and will be going to have it aligned tonight. I've very curious how it's going to be after all of this work.
    Paul
    Dearborn Heights, MI

Status

I want to do this to my 99. I remember from earlier threads but can't remember what all is needed. I just wiped out another set of spindle threads just swapping out a caliper because of a leaking bleeder screw. Turned the screw all the way in by hand like you're suppose to and barely turned it with a ratchet to snug them up. It just cleared out all the threads. The bottom one is still ok. It's just amazing how easily the threads can be stripped out on the knuckle mount calipers. I'm ready to do this conversion if it's an easy one.

DRTC Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wh23g3g View Post
    I want to do this to my 99. I remember from earlier threads but can't remember what all is needed. I just wiped out another set of spindle threads just swapping out a caliper because of a leaking bleeder screw. Turned the screw all the way in by hand like you're suppose to and barely turned it with a ratchet to snug them up. It just cleared out all the threads. The bottom one is still ok. It's just amazing how easily the threads can be stripped out on the knuckle mount calipers. I'm ready to do this conversion if it's an easy one.
    Did you find all the info you needed? Try to get the caliper bracket when you get the spindles and mounting bolts. The bolts are metric and hard to come by from my experience. I also had clearance issues between the bracket & wheel. I needed to grind off quite a bit to stop the wheel from rubbing on the bracket.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103 new 365 C.I (guessatune
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

+ Reply to Thread