+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TT Stealth Rebuild

Default TT Stealth Rebuild

Few pics of the stock rebuild on money trap that is sitting in the garage broke again.

00 Black CC R/T- Mid Lengths, SCT, 2 BBL M1, 52x55 TB , Mopar 1.7 RR, soon to the list (4.56 gears)
    94 Stealth RT/TT - Nicest pile of shit you will ever see

00 Black CC R/T- Mid Lengths, SCT, 2 BBL M1, 52x55 TB , Mopar 1.7 RR, soon to the list (4.56 gears)

Rebuild went smooth. I have been driving the car the last few months on and off. Put around 2500 miles on it so far in the last year. Driving home from work one day and i hear a loud pop. Car wont move but 3 feet under its own power. Stripped the splines off the output shaft/ chewed up the transfer case pretty good as well. Removed trans at old job and towed it home. Last night i decided to pull the trans back apart and replace the shaft. Now i just need to clean the case and paint everything. Might as well since everything else is powdercoated or painted.

Status

Dam nice build! Gonna be new by the time you're done !

Supporting Vendor

Status

Nice project!

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Dam nice build! Gonna be new by the time you're done !
    Seems like it. I need to get it going again so i can direct my attention to the truck. Its been a daily for years with no troubles, but it needs some serious TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Nice project!
    Thanks! Its a money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by superbee5.9 View Post
    Thanks! Its a money pit.
    I thought Dakota's were bad.....that has to be worse
    Very cool project though and nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJoe62 View Post
    I thought Dakota's were bad.....that has to be worse
    Very cool project though and nice job!
    My Dak has never left me stranded and I've owned it for the last 10 years and its has 176k on it now. Been pretty dam reliable , way more reliable than the Stealth. Its overdue for some much needed TLC though.

Back story on the Stealth,
    Bought it 4 years ago with 112k on the odometer. Put 7k miles on it, spun a rod bearing. After a year long rebuild it finally run again. The new motor has 2500 miles on it over a 6 month period and it's broke down again. The output shaft stripped the teeth off and tore up the spool in the t case. Now its been almost 3 months since it broke down. This past weekend I have tried to get the trans back in. It is a complete PITA and still haven't got it bolted up yet. Once it's bolted up I have to try and track down a T case. They are becoming harder to find in good shape.

Status

More power to you for tackling that! Excellent Job!
    White 98D SLT+ 5.9, 2.02 R/T Heads, 1:7 RR, IP CAI, MP PCM, PPH Headers, M1, MP Deep Trannie Pan, Detroit in back. T/S Lift, Lookin for more stuff to do LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by lilwhitetruck View Post
    More power to you for tackling that! Excellent Job!
    Thanks man. I debate if I should sell it everyday, lol.

Status

Wow, You've got some serious skills.... Nice to see someone reviving a Stealth.
    02 QuadCab 3.9 (5spd conversion in progress one day Powerdyne S/C and MS3 tuned)
    91 Excab 390 stroker, One day completed
    2011 Durango Tow pig
    63 Dart One day completed
    13 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 91DakBuilder View Post
    Wow, You've got some serious skills.... Nice to see someone reviving a Stealth.
    Thanks, its become a real PITA to find a transfer case in decent shape. So unfortunately it will sit on the back burner for awhile. I have a non turbo Stealth as well that will be getting a engine rebuild soon. Just need to swap places in the garage so I can begin disassembly.

+ Reply to Thread